KK cooler

• monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      this isnt a downswing just a crazy hand i just experienced in a tournament for a ticket to the APT-Macau event (sorry dont have it set up for easy reading):

Blinds are 150/300 wif 25 ante.. im on ~18k and sit in about 70th out of 700 left in tourney, me and 1 other at my table (~18k) sitting pretty at table of mediocre stacks.

Dealt: KK ( in MP 2 or 3) .. 1 limper so i raise it to 900, SB and limper (UTG 2?) calls

FLOP : 5K5
      check, 1.2k bet from UTG player, i smooth call and so does SB

TURN : 9
      bet ~3.6k from SB, smooth call from UTG, i min raise to ~7.2k, SB goes all in for less than this... and UTG pushes, im over the moon at this!!!!! licking my chops the cards turn over...:

so i have: KK for Kings full of 5's (KKK55)

SB flips over 99 for 9's full (99955)

UTG flips over ... 55 for 4 of a kind

wowser... :f_cry: :f_eek: :f_cry:
      :f_mad: :f_mad: :f_mad:
      :f_o: :f_o: :f_o:
  • 5 replies
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      i min raise to ~7.2k

Even if it is tempting you shouldnt do this because it turns your hand face up to anyone who isnt a total idiot.
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Originally posted by OrcaAoc
      i min raise to ~7.2k

Even if it is tempting you shouldnt do this because it turns your hand face up to anyone who isnt a total idiot.
      And if he hadn't min-raised he was not going to loose his whole stack, huh?

I think that it's inevitable all money to go in the middle before the river whatever you do...
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      That wasnt my point, of course he is always loosing his stack here so in the actual hand it doesnt matter how he plays it. However in general you dont want to make plays that turn your hand face up.
    • shortfuse
      shortfuse
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LetchLord
      Originally posted by OrcaAoc
      i min raise to ~7.2k

And if he hadn't min-raised he was not going to loose his whole stack, huh?

I think that it's inevitable all money to go in the middle before the river whatever you do...
      try not to think of the overall end result; try to think what the best move would be.
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      These tournaments are usually fully of jokers that make it thru frerolls, so i was just trying to extract the most out of it... i understand what u mean though