Is TAP a good style ??

• 6 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      A tight aggressive preflop style is always correct.

but a more passive postflop style CAN be correct.

It is not the most profitable way to play but especially in NL on the micro limits especially beginners make more profit when playing a bit passive with marginal hands.

But since i know that you are playing Fixed Limit this won't be a lot of help.

I am also not an expert with the pokertracker names. So could you tell me your Aggresssion factor postflop (AF) ???

In general i can just tell you that you should not worry tooo much about the stats. Just try to play every hand correct and your stats will be ok too ;)

So what could be interesting for you are topics like continuation bets and semi bluffs.

In fixed it is a bit more important to play aggressive then in NL but even in fixed being a bit more passive can or even is a good way to play at the micro limits since a lot of players there are not capable of folding their hands. So playing aggressive with draws is not always the best way on the micro limits.

All in all i havent played for a long time on these limits but i guess that still most of your opponents are more passive. So beware when they show aggression but don't let them see the next card cheaply.

I know that this is just general "bla bla" but sorry i need a more detailed question to give you concret examples.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      Ya I find a few people fold when I raise so maybe a bit more passive play needed at times but I dont want player getting a hand because I don't raise preflop..

My AF postflop is 1.21 ??
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Of course preflop you should raise the hands mentioned in the SHC

Its been a while since i knew all the stats ;)

But i think its a bit low. We have to ask blinzler for that because he is coaching on these limits.

Do you find yourself often in multiway pots (more then 2 opponents)?
    • willfox
      willfox
      Bronze
      Ya a few multiways !! I'm aggressive pre flop but sometime players stay and draw to better hands ?? so I thimk my post flop play is maybe tooo passive ??
    • Blinzler
      Blinzler
      Bronze
      which limit? i think 0,5/1 fr occasionally is very weak tigh, for lower limits (0,1/0,2 i play in the coachings) your af is too low, you have to bet there for value recklessly, i remember back in the day when i started (the games were weaker than today) i was running at 4af and taht was teh way to go. i think you shoul definitely be above 2,0 and just bet beacause people just call you with terrible hands, but dont start bluffing, just be willing to valuebet middle pair good kicker and such things.
      For sh this is even more true, just bet and get the money in unless villain is a habitual bluff moron.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      middle pair? i hope not with ace on the board :)