Suggestion to make the forum more active.

• Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Could you maybe advertise the forum somewhat more on the frontpage? I like this forum, its so nice and friendly, but such a little amount of users watching it.

Alot of people are missing so much information that is available overhere, and I miss threads to reply at :)
  • 25 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nogatsira
      Could you maybe advertise the forum somewhat more on the frontpage? I like this forum, its so nice and friendly, but such a little amount of users watching it.

Alot of people are missing so much information that is available overhere, and I miss threads to reply at :)
      Yap thats exactly what i think too.

When i look at the numbers we have here compared to the activity in the forum i think it is really strange that only so few but really nice people are active here.

I started with a special article here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.org.uk/en/articles/239/

So when you have any ideas what i could do please let me know.

I would like to add a thread where everyone can post his success and perhaps write a diary.

So if you have any ideas... go go go
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      I noticed that article today about the forums but I think you should post it as a news-item or just in the beginner guide.
      If you look at the picture then its not really obvious that it is about the forums. At least thats what I thought :)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      You are absolutly right!

That is a problem we are facing more and more.

We are not thinking about functionality, instead we want to make a cool picture.

We will implement it somewhere in our beginners strategy area.

It is not a news item because i want it to stay a bit longer on the top of the main site. But i guess i could make an iditonal news about it as soon as all functions work properly.

Do you have any ideas for more stuff?

Come on everybody else you have the chance to influence the look and ideas of our site.

Best regards,
      Stefan

and thx Nogatsira
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Maybe something as a 'member of the month', who gets some kind of special coaching reward.
      I bet alot of people are going to be more active if they can win a private coaching or things like that.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Maybe something as a 'member of the month', who gets some kind of special coaching reward.
      I bet alot of people are going to be more active if they can win a private coaching or things like that.
      Interesting idea, i also had some ideas about giving away some smaller benefits for people who are active at the boards. Let me see what i can do...

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      Interesting idea, i also had some ideas about giving away some smaller benefits for people who are active at the boards. Let me see what i can do...

Best regards,
      Stefan
      Doesnt have to be much.. 10k or something.. :tongue:
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze

Best regards,
      Stefan
      I am soooo glad that you all remain so modest :D
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze

Best regards,
      Stefan
      WSOP seats? ;)
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      haha, and we would all wear a pokerstrategy tshirt and cap!
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      There will be some PokerStrategy players at WSOP this year.

:D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze

me sponsered by you?

wow thank you
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith

me sponsered by you?

wow thank you
      no problem you will get a chicken Costume holding a PokerStrategy shield! :D
    • Sleyde
      Sleyde
      Black
      I'd vote for this one:

http://www.maskworld.com/pix/costumes/large/4915-huhn-huehner-maskottchen-kostuem-chicken-costume-mascot.jpg
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Im not sure if this is the correct place for this kinda suggestion but what abouth a promotion with the new shorthanded book stoxtrader and some other guy wrote? Maybe a small discount for pokerstrategy members?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Great book by the way...

But i guess we will have a cash promotion (some real money waiting for you)
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Offtopic: Do u think the book is of any use for me? Im going to play 0.5/1 SH real soon and i wanna prepare myself 100%.

Ontopic: Is it like u did with the diamond members? Who gets the most partypoints(or who has the most spare time:P ) wins the contest?
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      I don't know exactly how it will look like, but it will be for a broad audience.

So nothing like generat 10523400 PartyPoints in 2 Days.

Best regards,
      Stefan

When you read the book now it will definetly not harm. But i would suggest to read a book like SSH before that one. Or Weighing the odds ... or How good is your Fixed Limit Hold'em.

It will be more usefull when you read it after a while.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      So nothing like generat 10523400 PartyPoints in 2 Days.
      Darn, would have been an easy win for me :(
    • wilm
      wilm
      Bronze
      Again offtopic...im sorry =)

I allready read SSH many times but im actually reading it all the time and still learning.

The thing is that i always want to prepare myself for 100% wenn i start something. Same thing when i started with Pokerstrategy. I read the beginners section like 10 times and even read How to win low-limit hold'em by lee jones before i even started at the tables.

I want to do the same thing now its time to switch over to SH. But i have no clue whats best to read. U think the Pokerstrategy.cc Silver concent + SSH would be enough to be succesfull at 0.5/1 SH?