Using the Hand Replayer for article/quiz examples

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Just a thought... I stuggle at times reading through a hand example in an article or quiz and really following the action, as it in a different format than we experience in the heat of action.

A cool idea would be to have a link to the hand replayer so that you have the option for examples pop up in a new window. That way you can review the action via the written example, and experience the action as it would occur live. I'm sure this would assist in the learning process, as I for one tend to recall a hand I've played much more readily than something I've read.

To take this one step further (and obviously much more of a project to get it to work) would be to actually have an interactive hand replayer where you play the hand and get feedback from the replayer as to why each play is the correct/incorrect move. Links back to the appropriate text in the articles could then appear so as to reinforce the appropriate or key plays at each step of the action.

One more thing. Make :s_evil: red (not pink) and apply gold lightening bolts down the sides.
  • 4 replies
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello Waiboy and thanks for the feedback,

Especially the design ideas concerning :s_evil: are much appreciated as I can immediately identify with lightning bolts. What do you think about the addtion of frickin laser beams?

In all seriousness though - given that we have a hand replayer in our strategy section - it shouldn't be that much of a an issue to provide links to replayed hand examples in the strategy articles. I will forward the idea to one of our education experts :)

Best regards
      SoyCD
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      Especially the design ideas concerning :s_evil: are much appreciated as I can immediately identify with lightning bolts. What do you think about the addtion of frickin laser beams?
      I like where you're going with this.. perhaps he could have another shark next to him as well? Exactly the same, only smaller.

In all seriousness though - given that we have a hand replayer in our strategy section - it shouldn't be that much of a an issue to provide links to replayed hand examples in the strategy articles. I will forward the idea to one of our education experts :)
      Cool. :f_cool:
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      What do you think about the addtion of frickin laser beams?
      LOL! :s_evil: but how can you get rid of the evil gay pink shark?
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Just a thought... I stuggle at times reading through a hand example in an article or quiz and really following the action, as it in a different format than we experience in the heat of action.

A cool idea would be to have a link to the hand replayer so that you have the option for examples pop up in a new window. That way you can review the action via the written example, and experience the action as it would occur live. I'm sure this would assist in the learning process, as I for one tend to recall a hand I've played much more readily than something I've read.
      :s_love: Great, great idea :f_love: