Life time graphs for you profered limir...to help relate varriance.

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Hi,

I played cash games for around 1 1/2 years before moving over to S&Gs for aprominatley 6 months...i'v now come back to what i would say is my best game (cash game). I was a sollid player beating NL50 & Nl100 for 4.13bb/100 & 3.64bb/100.

Coming back iv notched up only 3.5k hands (very small sarmple yes) my current winrate is only 2.48bb/100. It would be nice if some of you could post your life time graphs of your profered/most played limit (NL) wo help me relate to what cash game varriance can be like and isnt like again.
      Because im unsure wether im A) not as good at cash games as i was due to my 6month switch. B) I'v just had a below average return to cash-games.

I'm still adapting to the diffrent ways you play hands in cash games as aposed to S&G;s again...but any help i can get to get me back on track would be great.

Many thanks
  • 14 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      it is not lifetime, but I think sample is big enough from July 08

3,5k hands is nothing and having positive winrate is always good.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      [ ]lifetime
      [ ]graph
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Originally posted by ihufa
      [ ]lifetime
      [ ]graph
      [x] haha
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20

Do you have a graph to go with this so i can see what kinds of swings you experienced during this time?

Yes i agree 3.5k is nothing. A positive winrate is always good yes, although its not so cool knowing you can do better or atleast used to able to. I guess i'm just going to have to keep my head down for now and get 20k or 30k sarmple then i'll have more reliable info to come to a conclussion.

BTW...how many tables are you playing on NL100/NL200?
    • cindy1985
      cindy1985
      Bronze
      True winrate - Sample size

=> Do NOT focus on the figure unless you have a huge sample size. Focus on posting hands, reading the forums, study.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm

Do you have a graph to go with this so i can see what kinds of swings you experienced during this time?

Yes i agree 3.5k is nothing. A positive winrate is always good yes, although its not so cool knowing you can do better or atleast used to able to. I guess i'm just going to have to keep my head down for now and get 20k or 30k sarmple then i'll have more reliable info to come to a conclussion.

Hey jonnyjm,

I wouldn't be too worried after 3,5k hands. It simply not enough of a sample.

I don't have any lifetime graphs here but this is a recent NL50 graph - where I was even negative after 5-6k hands.

Basically just listen to what cindy1985 said. Post hands, work on your game all the time, read strategy, watch videos, etc. etc.

:)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jonnyjm

swings are huge at my case :D
      I play 7 tables nl200sh
      yeah, just play your game, dot think about results too many times and try to exploit your opponents as good as you know.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Measured winrate is meaningless. 3.5k, 50k, even 200k hands aren't enough to have an accurate measurement. Even after 1 million hands, it can be a couple bb/100 off (and by that time it's irrelevant anyway, since you'll have improved a lot..normally), so do yourself a favour and remove the winrate column from your HEM. That's what I did, and I don't miss it one bit.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Thanks guys.

As iv openly said im awear that was a extremley small sarmple size.

It was playing on my mind though that i wasnt as good as i was, the last few days though iv adapted back to the cash game mentality, i've read alot of articule in regards to cash game strategy, and i seem to be playing confidently again, feeling like im playing strong poker. Infact im now asking myself why i even stoped playing cash-games for S&Gs. It seems a bit silly tbh. Atleast im back now.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cindy1985
      True winrate - Sample size

=> Do NOT focus on the figure unless you have a huge sample size. Focus on posting hands, reading the forums, study.
      That i have been doing :D Feeling good now :) Thanks for the point in the right direction.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Hey jonnyjm,

I wouldn't be too worried after 3,5k hands. It simply not enough of a sample.

I don't have any lifetime graphs here but this is a recent NL50 graph - where I was even negative after 5-6k hands.

Basically just listen to what cindy1985 said. Post hands, work on your game all the time, read strategy, watch videos, etc. etc.

:)
      Back playing confidently again...those doughts i had have passed.
      was just a bit rough coming down straight after an up.

Thanks for the graph...starting to remember how good the ups in cash games feel/are.

I hope know im believing again i'll be platinum by the end of september (something that wasnt really achivable during my time on S?&G).
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      Measured winrate is meaningless. 3.5k, 50k, even 200k hands aren't enough to have an accurate measurement. Even after 1 million hands, it can be a couple bb/100 off (and by that time it's irrelevant anyway, since you'll have improved a lot..normally), so do yourself a favour and remove the winrate column from your HEM. That's what I did, and I don't miss it one bit.
      Good advice i'll do that, thanks. I do have a sillly habbit of checking it every now and then, which tbh is silly as making correct dessisions is all that counts :D

Reading back to my first post i feel like a bit of a tw*t...lol ;) Im starting to remember what cash games are about again...thankfully :)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      my only lifetime graph... 1k sngs/mtts are nothing anyway so I don't know if it will be helpfull

• jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alejandrosh
      my only lifetime graph... 1k sngs/mtts are nothing anyway so I don't know if it will be helpfull

Not as its cash games we're talking about no sorry. X(

Although looking at your graph it's looking pritty solid.