Maniacs

• Alafoe
      Alafoe
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I am mostly playing FL BUT I see often many maniacs on NL betting allin every hand. In FL people on the tilt are not that profitable. In NL it should be very profitable. So I want to ask how big is share of maniacs play on your winnings and if its worth switch to NL due to this.

Well and up to which limits you can these maniacs spot?
  • 3 replies
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alafoe
      So I want to ask how big is share of maniacs play on your winnings and if its worth switch to NL due to this.
      Not so big. I don't think you should switch just because of this. You can still win nice hands from people calling down while playing the board (I have seen that in a FL video here on PS.com). That's pretty much the same thing. These guys just giv eaway their whole stack eventually and there is no difference whether he does that in 1 hand where he pushes all-in with 6 high or in 20 hands where he calls down with 6 high.

Originally posted by Alafoe
      Well and up to which limits you can these maniacs spot?
      On all limits really. ;)
      Just a while ago there was this guy Hakibaki on NL5k ($25/$50 blinds) and he just openpushed every other hand (small pairs, random broadways etc.)
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol

I play NL on full tilt but i don't see these maniacs often.

Perhaps i'm choosing my table less.

But you can say than in NL2 they will go all in with top pair no kicker and most of the time when hitting sets you will get all there stack lol.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      You have to be careful because some players do this with premium hands.

I know a few Short Stackers on NL50 who do not do any postflop play at all. I made a mistake calling them loose a few times thinking they were maniacs when actually they are playing at like 6/6