Is this OK for a beginner?

• sketchzr
      Is this OK as a beginner playing sit n go's? I've picked up the basic strategies and I've managed to win 5/7 games I've played, but I did stupidly buy in to a $2 sit n go when I was on tilt:

I find in the games where I finished around 8/9th position I was just getting really bored because it was taking soo long, also what I find weird is every time I go All-in with a decent pair (say TT in high blinds) there will be someone who has a better pair than me, near enough every time I call a pair.. Not saying it's rigged though.

And when I multi-table I find myself playing carelessly in one game and only really focusing on one of the two games in a sit no go.

So are my losses to earnings OK? Considering I was still learning things as I went along. I've briefly read the basic articles on PS but most my info has come from a free Sit n Go ebook I found through Google.
  • 2 replies
    • MisterHomes
      If you're going to get bored, don't expect to get profitable results. You should want to do well in each tournament, and just be patient. If that fails, I suggest taking up knitting.
    • gadget51
      I think you shouldn't be multi-tabling as a new player at all; get one table right first. Take notes on players when you're not in the hand, what position were they in, did they limp or raise and how big was the raise? didthehand go to showdown? What did they show? How often and from what position do they raise? Are they loose raisers, loose limpers, tight, super tight....etc...etc.
      If you're bored you're not paying enough attention as a beginner and if that is so, how can you expect to play more than one table properly?
      Play one table at a time at the lowest level you can find and get it right before moving to more, then post your results for 500 games, which is still a small enough sample. :)