MP1 355gtsp1 ($2.96)
      MP2 littlebunny ($1.73)
      MP3 wilfredo1285 ($4.30)
      CO xudonghe ($4.23)
      BTN MUGF1SH ($0.47)
      SB monsterrrr ($12.98)
      BB Hero ($4.41)

Pre-flop: ($0.03, 10 players) Hero is BB 3:heart: 5:spade:
      1 fold, hen66ry calls $0.02, 1 fold, 355gtsp1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, xudonghe calls $0.02, 2 folds, Hero checks

Flop: 5:club: K:spade: 5:heart: ($0.09, 4 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, 2 folds, xudonghe calls $0.09

Turn: J:diamond: ($0.27, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.18, xudonghe raises to $0.36, Hero raises to $1, xudonghe calls $0.64

River: 8:heart: ($2.27, 2 players)
      Hero checks

Should i call the minraise on the turn? Check/call on the river? What's our objective here, ship all in?Control the pot?

I assume a J on the turn is very good for me. The only hand that beats me is Q5, A5 and full houses. The other kickers will split the pot.
  • 4 replies
    • Joshquan
      Joshquan
      Bronze
      flop and turn are fine (possible raise a little more after he min raises maybe $1.20 ish) but you have to bet out on the river, you will get called by worse hands, if he shoves it might be quite close be i think i would get it all in. Ship it IMO.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      don´t liek getting all-in with trips, no kicker.
      So I´d b/c turn and c/c river
      as played: you´re not going to c/f river, so you can also shove for value
    • Alverine
      Alverine
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So, my objective is to control the pot?
      The main problem here is that i see too many worse hands that will call me down here. I dont see how a nl2 player will fold AK,AQ,AJ,AA or KJ here.

My plan on the river was to induce a bluff and get some chips. If i bet, less hands worse than mine will call/shove. If i check, a large amount of hands will bet here (i forgot to say player is bad, limps too much). Is that wrong?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alverine
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      So, my objective is to control the pot?
      The main problem here is that i see too many worse hands that will call me down here. I dont see how a nl2 player will fold AK,AQ,AJ,AA or KJ here.

My plan on the river was to induce a bluff and get some chips. If i bet, less hands worse than mine will call/shove. If i check, a large amount of hands will bet here (i forgot to say player is bad, limps too much). Is that wrong?
      if you want to play for stacks then betting river is better than checking and inducing smt.
      He won´t really bet with AJ there and I doubt he´d valuebet Kx after get 3-bet on the turn

I´d go for calldown mode on the turn, because I don´t see hands that are going to call my 3-bet and then also call river bet
      So I loose less if I´m against better hand and gain likely the same if I´m against bluff or worse hand

Although nl5 players might be so bad that they wouldn´t put you on trips and calldown with AJ or Kx.