Fulltilt Store

• drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      I just wanted to ask some questions. I got very disappointed when i realized that there's no point in buying anything in the store if we get - 0.005 $ off from our net rake. Like there are monitors for 60 000 FTPs, so it means they cost 300 $. What's the point then, if i can go to a shop and buy the same monitor cheaper not spending my points.. Really, those monitors for 60k points are too expensive then. I just checked, the actual price of them is below 300 $.
      Can anyone explain me what's the best way of spending them? :o
      Another question. If i Buy Into satellites with FTPs, is it also deducted from my net rake? (0.005$)?
      Thank u.
  • 19 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Spending points reduces your "Net Earned Rake" by $0.005 per point, not your rakeback.

So in your example:

60,000 FTP points
      =Net Earned Rake is reduced by $300
      =Rakeback (27% of Net Earned Rake) is reduced by $81.

Your monitor has effectively cost you $81 in lost rakeback earnings.

So if you earned $500 Net Earned Rake, you would receive $54 Rakeback (27% of $200) and not the $135 (27% of $500) you would have received by not spending the points.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart

Edit: Re buying into tournaments, yes, same calculation.
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Thank you so much. I finally got that right. ;)
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      Spending points reduces your "Net Earned Rake" by $0.005 per point, not your rakeback.

So in your example:

60,000 FTP points
      =Net Earned Rake is reduced by $300
      =Rakeback (27% of Net Earned Rake) is reduced by $81.

Your monitor has effectively cost you $81 in lost rakeback earnings.

So if you earned $500 Net Earned Rake, you would receive $54 Rakeback (27% of $200) and not the $135 (27% of $500) you would have received by not spending the points.

Hope this helps, best regards,

Bart

Edit: Re buying into tournaments, yes, same calculation.
      What about happy hour ?
      I get double the points but not double the PS points...
      So if ill purchase something , ill lose more rakeback .
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi FWKanobi,

Happy hour doesn't affect your rakeback in any way. They are just additional FTP points you gain at the same time as standard points.

You do not earn rake, rakeback or PokerStrategy points from happy hour points, only from standard FTP points.

Best regards,

Bart
    • FWKanobi
      FWKanobi
      Bronze
      Hi FWKanobi,

Happy hour doesn't affect your rakeback in any way. They are just additional FTP points you gain at the same time as standard points.

You do not earn rake, rakeback or PokerStrategy points from happy hour points, only from standard FTP points.

Best regards,

Bart
      Hi ,
      This is exactly what I meant.
      If i get more points to spend via happy hour but not getting more rake , it means I will lose MORE rakeback (lets say I made 100 FTP and got X rakeback for it , now I have 200FTP - Happy hour , but still the same X rakeback, so when I spend the 200 points , ill lose more rakeback for the one i didnt get)
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

That was not what WKanobi meant. For instance:
      You have gathered 60K points (5K are points through happy hours). But when you spend your 60K then:
      60K*$0.005 will be deducted from your Net Earned Rake.
      or will 55K*$0.005 will be deducted from your Net Earned Rake?

Thanks

Tampa
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Sorry guys, misread the question, but still can't see how you are losing any more rakeback.

My understanding is that your net rake will be reduced by approx $0.005 for every FTP spent (standard or happy hour), so in this example 60k*$0.005.

Therefore your rakeback will be reduced by 27% of that amount, as per the calc above.

But, your still only spending 60k FTP points, you've just earned them faster as they include happy hour points you effectively got for free.

Your still getting that monitor for $81 (lost potential rakeback), which is cheaper than on the high street :) and by including happy hour points, you've actually played less (& paid less rake) than by earning all 60k through standard FTP points.

PokerStrategy points have nothing to do with the rakeback calculation.

Bart
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Ok, lets use an example, think it will help here.

You play for x hours on Full Tilt, your "Net Earned Rake" is $140, earning 980 standard FTP points (7points/per $1 rake).
      You then spend 800 points on an item you really want.

(a) Not happy hour

Net Earned Rake = $140
      Points Earnt - points spent = 980 - 800 = 180 FTP Balance
      RakeBack = ($140-$4)x0.27 = $36.72

(b) All x hours were Happy hour (980+980 points)

Net Earned Rake = $140
      Points Earnt - points spent = 1,960 - 800 = 1,160 FTP Balance

In both cases, you earn the same net rake, the same rakeback and get that shop item you wanted, but in happy hour you get extra points for free.

Yes when you come to spend those extra points, it will cost you a minute amount..... approximately 1/10th of a cent per FTP point you spend (27% of $0.005), but seriously guys... 1/10th of a cent for something you didn't sit grinding to earn.... bargain!

Hope this helps, any questions, just shout.

Best regards,

Bart
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      Ok, lets use an example, think it will help here.

You play for x hours on Full Tilt, your "Net Earned Rake" is $140, earning 980 standard FTP points (7points/per $1 rake).
      You then spend 800 points on an item you really want.

(a) Not happy hour

Net Earned Rake = $140
      Points Earnt - points spent = 980 - 800 = 180 FTP Balance

(b) All x hours were Happy hour (980+980 points)

Net Earned Rake = $140
      Points Earnt - points spent = 1,960 - 800 = 1,160 FTP Balance

In both cases, you earn the same net rake, the same rakeback and get that shop item you wanted, but in happy hour you get extra points for free.

Yes when you come to spend those extra points, it will cost you a minute amount..... approximately 1/10th of a cent per FTP point you spend (27% of $0.005), but seriously guys... 1/10th of a cent for something you didn't sit grinding to earn.... bargain!

Hope this helps, any questions, just shout.

Best regards,

Bart
      eye opener
    • mChavez
      mChavez
      Bronze
      What can the point be used for except for the store and the points tournaments?

I mean, I'll get a t-shirt and a ftp card deck, but then there are not many things you would buy form the shop, are there? And I can't get more than half of them cause i'm not in the US (like the pint glasses or the halrey :s_cool: )

Is there any way to sell the points? OR just spend them on sngs?

Thanks for explainign the rakeback!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mChavez
      What can the point be used for except for the store and the points tournaments?

I mean, I'll get a t-shirt and a ftp card deck, but then there are not many things you would buy form the shop, are there? And I can't get more than half of them cause i'm not in the US (like the pint glasses or the halrey :s_cool: )

Is there any way to sell the points? OR just spend them on sngs?

Thanks for explainign the rakeback!
      :) No problem, always happy to help.

Not sure whether there are many Sngs with points entry, some satellite ones i think to like the daily dollar etc.

Yeah pretty much tournament entries and shop purchases really. I don't tend to use them at all, they just keep accumulating although I have just bought a 3 in 1 jacket from the store as it's much cheaper spending the points/impact on rb than purchasing normally on the high street.

I'll let you know what it's like when i receive it :P

Regarding selling FTP, there is mention on their own forum about this possibility, but I'm not sure how official it is and might rely solely on trust between players which is always a risk.

Best regards,

Bart
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Well the yerseys with your name on it are cool even if they are very expensive. My friend just got the 24inch monitor and it looks amazing. It's quite a lot of points though.
    • excelgeo
      excelgeo
      Silver
      im getting the mini cooper

only 4.940.000 points left
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      They don't ship to my country >_<!

So i will send my goods at EagleStar88 place then he will send it back to me xD !

His address :

EagleStar88
      Rio hotel,
      Las Vegas,
      Nevada

lol :s_biggrin:
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      They don't ship to my country >_<!

So i will send my goods at EagleStar88 place then he will send it back to me xD !

His address :

EagleStar88
      Rio hotel,
      Las Vegas,
      Nevada

lol :s_biggrin:

rofl..... If only !!! :s_cool: :s_love:
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      I Want the Poker Chip Set. They don't say that it has sending restrictions, so i guess its all cool right?
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      They do have sending restrictions.

There is some country that they don't send in there terms and conditions i think there is this clause.

So for me FTP is useless xD !!!!

But fortunately i have my beloved rakeback.
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Does the "negative rake" stay negative until you pay that much back or does it expire?

(Like you spend enough points to cause -500$ to your total rake, does this go away if you don't play for few months).
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      stay negative until clear XP