This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 AJs nutflush on flop

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9.50
      MP2:
      $28.25

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:heart: , J:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.50) 9:diamond: , 5:heart: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $7.00, Hero raises to $7.00 (All-In).

Turn: ($19.50) 2:spade:
      River: ($19.50) 7:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $19.50

I think it's clear that against unknown villain, all the money is going in on this flop given overcards and strong draw (we have more than 50% equity against an underpair). The issue is how to play. I felt that checking oop was ok, with the intention of either seeing a free card or checkraising AI if villain bets. After villain puts us allin I still believe we are right to call.
      Any thoughts, peeps?
  • 2 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I usually just contibet this flop, as if I had a made hand. With a flush and straight draw on board you would bet your made hands strongly. Your line is kinda interesting, but I don't have the experience with those plays. I guess against the right opponent it should be a strong move.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hi,

Shove postflop, you have a monster draw, not a made hand! Do not decrease the strength of your draw by checking and let a free (BLANK) card come off!

Against unknowns, play straightforward ABC ;)

I mean you can cBET $3 leaving $4 behind but you are OOP

- Gerv