Stack
      Hero:
      $9.50
      MP3:
      $48.54
      BU:
      $20.36

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:club:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $2.00, CO folds, BU calls $2.00, Hero raises to $9.50 (All-In), 2 folds, BU calls $7.50.

Flop: ($21.50) 7:spade: , 3:heart: , 7:heart:
      Turn: ($21.50) 3:spade:
      River: ($21.50) 6:heart: (1 players)

Final Pot: $21.50

Decent squeeze spot? Looks like it to me.
      Thanks
  • 11 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Nice hand you are way ahead of both guys ranges.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Looks like it to me.
      Why does this looks like a good squeeze spot? I want you to think about certain factors of doing a profitable squeeze-shove :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/210/

Reply here to give your thoughts, thanks ;)

- Gerv
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      You need Platinum rank to be able to read the article entirely.

:f_cry:
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Ok, I think this looks like a profitable spot because:

1. Original raising Villain is raising from mp so his presumed range is wider than in ep.
      2. His stats - on v small sample - suggest certain looseness;
      3. Our own table image is very solid but we can probably discount this as OR likely has no hands or experience of us
      4. The middle player - PFR : The higher the pre-flop raise percentage, the more profitable the squeeze. Rocks could decide to not 3-bet a hand like AK or even QQ. (In this case the caller is loose pf but with a tight pre-flop raise percentage which perhaps speaks against a squeeze);

Finally, from article: "Solid hands: AQ, AJs/ATs, KQs : When I squeeze with these hands, it is usually against a loose CO or BU open-raiser and a loose caller with a high PFR, since I can trust my hand is strong in these cases"; also:
      "This might be obvious, but the most important condition for a squeeze play to work is that your opponents must be capable of folding. Their ranges, especially the open raiser's should be wide enough for them to throw away their hand often enough without any problem."

Well, the fact is that if that stats are accurate this is a reasonable spot for a squeeze but we don't have that many hands to be sure. I think we can be reasonable happy that the original raiser can throw his hand away but the middle player is not so certain as his pfr is on the low side which means his call doesn't necessarily indicate a weak hand.

So, all in all I say that this does look like an ok spot but it's kind of marginal because of limited info and I'd say we need quite a lot of fe here.

What do you think now?
    • goldflair03
      goldflair03
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      but it's kind of marginal because of limited info and I'd say we need quite a lot of fe here.

What do you think now?
      its not an marginal spot :s_love:
      with a9s it would start getting marginal

u're ev should be at least 5bb or higher
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Incredibly Easy Squeeze IMO.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well thanks guys - but I need to hear from Gerv because he made me read the whole article to justify my original comment that it was a good squeeze spot ... :D
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      Well thanks guys - but I need to hear from Gerv because he made me read the whole article to justify my original comment that it was a good squeeze spot ... :D
      How come you hadn't already browsed through it? ;)
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      only just got Platinum...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      ah, that makes sense :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I think you squeeze here for value and it ain't marginal so well played!

Sorry for the delay, new semester, im travelling from East to West Holland :f_mad:

- Gerv