Party poker broken?

• sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      It seems to me that making mistakes pays off at party poker coz someone always hit magic card on river. I know its normal to lose sometimes but my premium hands cant lose so many times. (btw im talking about sng/tournaments where most of the time some fish will call a raise with anything)

I also play at some other site and it seems to me that things go according to excpected deviance over there so i have nice upswing there coz i actually punish mistakes of other players but on party poker i cant win more then 2 hands and then get beaten again. Either i get no playable hands for one hour or my premium hands gets beaten by crap or luck on river.
  • 34 replies
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Please...

Believe me there is no trick or magic machine behind PartyPoker selecting which cards you ll get or which cards appear on the river. If you look at the companies policy they are the safe ones never risking anything, of course they also need to have such a policy since they are listed on the london exchange market.

What you experience is what we call "subjective cognition". Something a lot of poker players experience. Your mind does not save the situations where you were a favorite and you won. Your mind also does not save situations where you perhaps were a slight underdog and you won.

But your mind does save all these situations when you were supposed to win but you lost to that miracle card on the river.

I know that it really sucks when these noobs are hitting when they are a underdog, but that happens. It was 2 days ago when i played about 20 SNG's i lost ALL 19 SNGs in an ALL-IN Situation where ive been the favorite.

Anyway i hope your game won't get influenced that much by these bad beats. Just take a break perhaps for a day and then come back with new energy.

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      And thats normal to you?. How can you live with that :)
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sismis
      And thats normal to you?. How can you live with that :)
      Actually if things like that wouldn't happen then i would worry about it.
      Because if everything would be balanced perfectly then i would care about the fairness.

But things like that just happen :D

Poker can sometimes be such a cruel game. It is an emotional rollercoaster and i met a lot of smart people who were great poker experts but werent able to deal with the emotional ups and downs.

So i hope the good times already started for you sismis...

Let me know how things are running

Best regards,
      Stefan
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      good things started to me couple of weeks ago when i won my first tournament (2800$) and finished itm of 300k gtd. maybe i changed my style of play a bit after this, but i dont think it should be a problem coz on that other site im doing very well. i guess it could be normal after such luck but it is really hitting me for 2-3 weeks now and i really cant win anything.

i currently stopped playing sng(11$) coz after succesful start now my ROI keeps droping down. maybe i will return to 6$ or try speed version for couple of days. anyway my bankroll should beat even very long downswing now.

btw losing 19 times when being favorite. even if it would be 50-50 coinflip chances for this are around 1 to a half million.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Of course a little overstatement, hope you dont mind.

to be honest it was 9 out of 10
      but 3 times dominating the other player with TT vs T8, KQ vs KJ 99 vs J9...

but damn, you didnt tell about your tournament victory... gratz

and good job
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      tnx, but it means nothing if i lose it now :/
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      A few days ago on my stars account I had the same story as Stefan.
      I was 16-tabling the $6.5 turbos and I lost them all!
      A couple of hands where I got out:

AA < 94o
      AA < KK
      AK < AJ
      99 < 66
      44 < 33
      KK < J10

I was really sitting behind my screen with my mouth wide open, couldnt believe it. Huge downswing there, had to move down to the $3.40 with super high rake for a while :(
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nogatsira

AA < 94o
      AA < KK
      AK < AJ
      99 < 66
      44 < 33
      KK < J10

I was really sitting behind my screen with my mouth wide open, couldnt believe it. Huge downswing there, had to move down to the $3.40 with super high rake for a while :(
      That only happens when you are playing to much TD. PP Software is jealous :D
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Stefan1000
      Originally posted by Nogatsira

AA < 94o
      AA < KK
      AK < AJ
      99 < 66
      44 < 33
      KK < J10

That only happens when you are playing to much TD. PP Software is jealous :D
      AAARGh the TDs following me in every thread!
    • erob60
      erob60
      Bronze
      K...losing 9 coinflips in a row has probability of 1/512 . However, more than likely those weren't the first all-in coinflips made in the tournament. You only have to lose one to get knocked out, whereas after winning you can do the same again. If things aren't going marvelously you will be forced into a coinflip situation eventually. Point being, it is not so hard as 1/512 to get knocked out 9 times as one might think.
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erob60
      K...losing 9 coinflips in a row has probability of 1/512 . However, more than likely those weren't the first all-in coinflips made in the tournament. You only have to lose one to get knocked out, whereas after winning you can do the same again. If things aren't going marvelously you will be forced into a coinflip situation eventually. Point being, it is not so hard as 1/512 to get knocked out 9 times as one might think.
      especially when you are playing 50 SNG's every night...

but who cares about SNG's when you can play TD ... uhm sorry i did it again
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      now i m living a downswing over 900 BB NL10 ... sometimes is very hard try to understand how you lose all your stack with marginals hands or cold callers, or calling stations or fishes that connect trips of 4 on the river...

thats bad beat take me to play to highers level very out of my bankroll, and my experience with the -ev obvius result....

BUT

if you play SSS or BSS, you will see that yours AA's and KK's are winning 90% of times, you must take all yours conclusions must be taken in long-term, by means of the analysis of many played hands

regards

pd: sorry for my english
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ligarius
      now i m living a downswing over 900 BB NL10 ... sometimes is very hard try to understand how you lose all your stack with marginals hands or cold callers, or calling stations or fishes that connect trips of 4 on the river...

thats bad beat take me to play to highers level very out of my bankroll, and my experience with the -ev obvius result....

BUT

if you play SSS or BSS, you will see that yours AA's and KK's are winning 90% of times, you must take all yours conclusions must be taken in long-term, by means of the analysis of many played hands

regards

pd: sorry for my english
      900 BB downswing in NL10, but have you figured out the reason?
      Post some hands you're playing and get those BBs back!
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      i explain that

i lost about 200 BB in NL10, 2 buyins, with AA flop Axx against flush villain with 67s, and KK against two par 34

then with all my ganiality i think this level is full of clowns !!!, i need betters oponents then i open a table in NL50 and NL100, short tale....go allin in one table with KQo and JJ in other then i lose another 700BB (NL10 level) i use BB of NL10 because this is my level

see?

but i going to recover all that money in 1 week !!!

with this big downswing my numbers are still good
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      if sismis can win so much money in a tournament, there's somethin seriously wrong with partypoker :rolleyes:
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mchaggis
      if sismis can win so much money in a tournament, there's somethin seriously wrong with partypoker :rolleyes:
      :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway i finished 4th in 2$ buyin tournament with almost 1000 ppl. minimal award of 88$ doesnt nearly cover my losses last month but its good for my selfconfidence to know i can again win against bigstacks when being underdog and lose to smallstacks when being favorite :D
    • Ligarius
      Ligarius
      Bronze
      88$ in a MTT of 1000?? are you sure? at last you would win like $200 i think...
    • Stefan1000
      Stefan1000
      Bronze
      GUys you are all playing to much tournaments.

Stick to the cash games and see tournaments as a nice add-on inbetween ;)

This is the TV influence ...

:D
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Ligarius
      88$ in a MTT of 1000?? are you sure? at last you would win like $200 i think...
      it was something less then 1000 and rake on that level is insane 20% :)