Full tilt and SSS

• Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      *This is not a thread to talk about whether full tilt is rigged or not*

*This is a thread to talk about the beauty of SSS and full tilt ^_^*

Just want to know how many of you have played SSS on full tilt on what limit and how many was successful?

I basically played only SSS on ipoker and full tilt when starting poker on IPOKER was successful at least no major downswing but on full tilt following the SSS i got always pawned xD

Some gold member told me to switch to BSS - I'm very thankful to him as with BSS i get a profit and at least break-even now lol.

So just wanted to know your opinion about SSS and full tilt poker :P

At least i know 1 successful player with SSS on full tilt xD
  • 17 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hey Cpw,

Yeah I used to, ground my way up from NL10 > NL25 > NL50 & back to NL25.

I played an aggressive sss game however which didn't really work out long term where i pretty much broke even (due to bad self inflicted downswing on NL50) but was up overall after rakeback of course.

I'm pretty sure that strict sss would be successful over the longer run, especially at NL10 & NL25. If you have the patience for it ofc.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Maybe i'm not suited for SSS then.

My personal experience.

When i started on full tilt was playing Nl5 got pawned.When clearing the bonus i had only 100$ left.

Then i stopped to play at full tilt as for me full tilt was the best site and i was thinking that maybe i was just inexperienced so decided to play on Mansion poker.

Where SSS proved to be successful.

After i hear about the Biggest bonus ever i decided to complete this offer then return on mansion to complete my Bonus.

Result of the SSS played for the bonus = $170 so a loss of 30$ during my way to the biggest bonus ever by including the $40 rakeback i get for 2 weeks of play on full tilt at Nl5.

As my bankroll was $170 decided to move to Nl10 where i lost 15 buyin in some hours xD Loosing with all my aces kings and Ace river against my QQ JJ lol was so sicked xD then the downswing continue as i switch to lower limits.

Now my BRM is $75 so lost $95 in 3 days :P ?

Lol but i don't want to give up on full tilt the rakeback is too tasty.

I have start to play BSS on NL2 i lose less from a small sample get a profit of $4 in 2k hands?

Hope this will continue but even by playing BSS i get the same amount of bad beat o.o! but as i don't all in with only high pair high kicker and play very safe i lose less and with absolute winning hand i get more :P

*Losing the minimum and winning the maximum* - Quote from dunno what poker player.

But just wanted to know if my play with SSS was really so bad.

I don't think i played so badly xD ! At least i should have been able to get profit during 1 session but all session with SSS full tilt was losing session.

By the way - What is the limit of time a poker player should play per day?

Edited : Today was my first day playing BSS on NL2 here is the result

This is the first time:

1) I won on full tilt lol
      2) I got so much in one day
      3) I got lucky ?(
      4) I'm happy after a session :]

Ps : 16 table for about 5 hours?
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      I managed to get my bankroll from 20$ to 4K in last 4 months playing sss on fulltilt.

Thought for a whole year i couldnt climb up any higher than NL100 and thought im just a rake machine for fulltilt :)

But i started to use stats more, steal/resteal, isolate and shit like that :) Play less tables and be a little more observant and it worked out. So i think you can play profitably but you have to work harder.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      So this mean SSS just don't suit me xD !

Lol

I can't play with stat T___T my pc is crappy.When i launch Elephant my pc lag.

Will continue to play BSS to see if i'm successful with it.

At 1st wanted to play SSS and just break-even for the rakeback.

By playing .02/.05 i will get 20$ rakeback/week.

I'm currently searching for a job so while waiting to get one i'm becoming a full time poker player >_<
    • drawback
      drawback
      Silver
      Hello Cpwpoker!
      SSS has proven to be very successful for me on FTP.
      I play 15 tables of NL25 and i get about 30-40 $ Rake everyday, so even if the things aren't going very well, i still get rakeback and manage to climb my way up. they key factor playing so many tables, is to keep to SSS strategy very very strictly.
      But if i play 9 tables, my winrate is much higher. It is very hard for me to decide atm how to play. I mean, more tables = more rake, more FTP points, lower winrate. Less tables = less rake, less FTP points, higher winrate.
    • ElvisKa
      ElvisKa
      Bronze
      I played SSS on fultilt for 8 months, 80 000 hands in total.
      If i was there only to make money, i think i would have already left it. In 8 months, starting from 50$ (with one heavy downswing down to 10$), i've earned 70$ and by the end of 8th month i had 120$. Looking to charts it's obvious that SSS is profitable in a long time run. Very long time run. The problems you face as SSS player:
      At low limits - lots of donks, calling your AA pre flop with 79s and getting flushes, etc.
      At middle limits - every player at the table knows that you are SSS player and fold to your raise.
      Despite all this, i'm really happy i'm started with SSS because i've learned a lot, got experience playing with various types of players and had a good time.
      Last two months i've switched to BBS, got broke during first days due to lack of experience playing BSS, but now things seems to get back in it's way and i'm very optimistic about the future.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Thanks for you response :P

This is giving me more faith with SSS full tilt.

Maybe i will play BSS until i get a bankroll for NL25.

I got beaten too much on NL2 NL5 and NL10 SSS T_T

And yes i wanted to play SSS to at least break-even so that i wil get profit with the rakeback but since i started to play on full tilt get only bad beat with sss xD

I have started to play BSS yesterday think i more suited playing BSS ^_^
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I've found on full tilt and pokerstars that SSS is hard to play profitably for reasons described above. I think that pokerstrategy basic SSS can't even help you beat NL10. It is a good strategy for beginners to learn poker without losing much money, but much more knowledge is needed to play profitable. For example, folding pocket 6's on the button is UNACCEPTABLE! Open folding A8 on SB is horrible. IMO you need to play advanced SSS just to be profitable on these limits.

To pokerstrategy: I really do think sklansky numbers, etc. for advanced shortstack play should be taught at the silver level. Pokerstrategists need to quickly figure out how to play SSS profitably since it is such a basic strategy and the looser play is easy to learn since you can just push preflop and still be profitable with a lot more hands.

Just my 2 cents
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Yup but the SSS make you a good player i think.

Even if i have lost 220$ by playing SSS on full tilt i have learn a lot.

Now i have switch to BSS [/b]*Thank to a gold member who told me to switch*[/b]

yesterday i have start BSS NL2 16 table lol Got a profit of $17 ^_^.Perhaps the novice luck hope it will continue.

But the main isssue for me on SSS full tilt is that most of my SSS hand got pawned by bad beat >_> or by higher hand and as SSS is a do or die strategy which involve a lot of all-in preflop i could not do anything.

And Full tilt micro stake is tighter than on IPOKER network >_>

I read the sklansky theory on wikipedia and conclusion i got bored and did not understand it >_<!

one question.

On the strategy page there is an article about switching from SSS to BSS.

Does this mean that SSS is just a heat up for BSS?
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cpwpoker
      So this mean SSS just don't suit me xD !

Lol

I can't play with stat T___T my pc is crappy.When i launch Elephant my pc lag.

Will continue to play BSS to see if i'm successful with it.

At 1st wanted to play SSS and just break-even for the rakeback.

By playing .02/.05 i will get 20$ rakeback/week.
      Elephant sux imho.... it took 30 minutes with quite good pc i would say to load.... cause elephant cant manage larger databases. I now have holdem manager and the database is like 10 times bigger than with elephant i think and it takes max 10-15 seconds to load.
      Every decent player should get holdem manager i think cause its so much better and has a lot more stats.

As for playing only because of rakeback.... I dont think its such a good idea.
      You should play to get your bb/100 bigger not just to play poker no matter how just to play more hands and to get more rakeback.... that wont lead you to improove your game if youll just concentrate on generating as more rakeback as you can....
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol i can get these program free xD

But want to buy them >_<!

so will play with elephant until i get a profit to buy the program ^_^

Was thinking about just breakeven and build up a profit with the rakeback as i lost a lot with SSS and lost faith in it with SSS on full tilt but now that i have switched to BSS i playing to get profit xD !

My bb/100 is greater than 15 on NL2 but just played for 2 days with a sample hand of 5k.

Hope my luck will continue.

Think as i play 4000 hands a day i don't see any variance with BSS with SSS i would have lost 2 BI each 1k hand xD

Bankroll started BSS - $71

Current Bankroll - $87.90

Winning at poker is more fun than break-even and getting rakeback xD

Maybe i'm a good player lol SSS was limiting me xD
    • unlogik112
      unlogik112
      Bronze
      i play SSS on full tilt. well i play SSS with a bit of my own stuff added to it. im breaking even/making a very slight profit on NL25, but due to the bonus I end up making a decent profit. with SSS u'll break even most of the time so it's good for clearing any bonuses.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Lol think i was playing SSS badly perhaps.

After reviewing my hands while playing SSS i said to myself "Wtf how could i have played this xD !???"

This i was playing SSS tooo much like a robot without making personal judgement >_<!
    • pashone
      pashone
      Bronze
      ok guys I have to say something from my experiance.

Fulltill poker is the WORST site for SSS. Don't ever try to play basic SSS on fulltilt,EVER.If you wanna play , wait until you reach NL50, get tracking software and then switch to fulltilt,trust me.

I played till nl50 on other sites with 6.5 BB/100h but with stats.

curently I'm clearing bonus on fulltilt but playing without stats, so max limit I can play is nl25. I'm like down 150$ on NL25???? over 80k hands.!!!!! I'm quiting that shit today even tho there is bonus dolars left in my account.

I learned why it's called fulltilt.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pashone
      ok guys I have to say something from my experiance.

Fulltill poker is the WORST site for SSS. Don't ever try to play basic SSS on fulltilt,EVER.If you wanna play , wait until you reach NL50, get tracking software and then switch to fulltilt,trust me.

I played till nl50 on other sites with 6.5 BB/100h but with stats.

curently I'm clearing bonus on fulltilt but playing without stats, so max limit I can play is nl25. I'm like down 150$ on NL25???? over 80k hands.!!!!! I'm quiting that shit today even tho there is bonus dolars left in my account.

I learned why it's called fulltilt.
      BSS work fine with full tilt xD

Since i switch to BSS 4 days ago and 12k hand i got only winning session ^_^!!

But dunno my personal view about full tilt is that their card generator generate too much bad beats >_< Almost everytime i got KK with SSS against Ax will always lose or with AA they will always get a straight lol.

Perhaps i was just unlucky but switching to BSS on full tilt makes my life more easy >_<!
    • fred1509
      fred1509
      Bronze
      i used to play on partypoker but when i moved up the limit i found too many short stackers there. and couldnt make any profit. so i deposited 10$ and played nl10 for 2 days, and now my BR is 23$
      SSS is much better in FT, i dont see 5 Shortstackers in a single room at least.
    • RobertFisher777
      RobertFisher777
      Bronze
      6.5bb/100 very good !!!