Is it even worth it?

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Is there any point in playing $1 + 0.25c sit n go's on Full Tilt? Like is there any profit in it?

Idk if I've just had terrible luck but I've managed to lose 5 sit n go's in a row today and I can only say in 1 of those situations I may not have made the best move.
      Most the time I see the seemingly clueless/retarded players getting through to the last few occasionally alongside 1 or 2 decent players.
  • 11 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      losing 5 in a row is and will be nothing, losing around 12-15 will not be uncommon, If you want to play sng's you will have big swings
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Uhh think the 1$ SnG will kill you by its rake and the donkey player.

Think you should play cash game until a suitable limit for SnG xD

But personally dunno dont want to play SnG xD
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      if you just want to play SnGs go to everest. the added fee is only 10% no matter how much the SnG is. even the 20c SnGs are only .20+.02.

25% is alot to be paying for a SnG.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I would but ATM my starting capital is with Full Tilt, which I only chose because I am already signed up to PartyPoker and Pokerstars and at the time I didn't really know much about which poker rooms were best for what. So it looks like i'll have to try and keep my starting capital until the bonus is completed then I will withdraw it and put it elsewhere.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Keep at it mate they are beatable even with the larger rake.
    • Haficek77
      Haficek77
      Bronze
      Play 2.25
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      Keep learning to play better.

Run hot enough to get up to next limit. :D
    • AquamanBT
      AquamanBT
      Bronze
      I know they can be frustrating, but don't hurry. If you can't consistently beat bad players, what makes you think you can beat good players? Re-read the articles and objectively analyze your play. Post some hands, coaches as well as fellow playera will give great input. And remember, there is always room for improvement.

Keep it up!
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Thanks for the support guys, I lost 2 more Sit n Go's so I took the risk of giving the $2 buy in another go and came 3rd place, so that earned me some of my losses back, although it was quite a stupid move to go up a limit, I just had a good feeling about it. The players in the $2 buy in I actually found played much better than those in the $1 games.

My bankroll has kinda been allover the place since I started it's gone something like this:

$50 > $52.80 > $48 > $43 > $49.50 > $40 > $43.43

Thats roughly how it's been if I remember correctly.

Is that pretty bad? Or is it nothing to worry about, I'll try post some hand histories soon to get some feedback on my game play.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Hey Sketchzr,

My advice - stick with BRM (i.e. the $1 SnG), study the articles (including psychology), stick to the strategies, post hands and just be patient.

I play the SnG's at FullTilt and I can tell you they are definitely beatable as long as you don't beat yourself...

My story:
      Start - BR = $50 capital
      293 $1 SnG's later - BR = $100 (finally).
      98 $2 SnG's later - BR = $150
      36 $2 SnG's later - BR = $200
      11 $2 SnG's later - BR = $230 (that's where I'm at now)

That first stretch included a lot of frustrating hours, but I learned a lot about the game and more importantly myself as a player.

If I don't finish in the money now, I can usually identify the hands where I played it wrong - in other words, there isn't too many times that a bad beat was really what ended my tourney. It happens, but not as much as I originally allowed myself to believe.
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      losing 10-15 BI is not to uncommon so suck it up and move on. u can not really beat varience until u have played over 1500 sngs