This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL25 AQs

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6,34
      CO:
      $39,94

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , Q:club:
      3 folds, CO raises to $0,50, BU folds, Hero raises to $1,75, BB folds, CO raises to $5,50, Hero raises to $6,34 (All-In), CO calls $0,84.

Flop: ($12,93) 4:club: , 3:spade: , K:heart:
      Turn: ($12,93) 6:club:
      River: ($12,93) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $12,93

Is this a fold after a re-raise?
  • 3 replies
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Well to shove here you would need about 35.5% equity which you get against a range even tighter than I believe his to be. Opponent seems fairly loose in late position, although we only have 51 hands on him.

The only doubt that remains in this decision is the mbet/raise line the opponent follows which may suggest a monster. However I feel his range here includes many other cards which gives us the sufficient equity to shove here.

For example against 99+, AKs we have 36% equity and I think the opponent's range is even looser than that

Regards
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      never 3bet/fold as a shortstack because you are investing like 33% or more of your stack already!

So when you reraise, be prepared to go with AceQueen Suited , you have equity after all ;)

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well I didn't realy 3bet preflop. He min-raised to 2xBB which I mostly count as two limpers.
      Because I was OP, I raise 4xBB+2xBB(for the limpers)+1xBB for being OP.

"never 3bet/fold as a shortstack because you are investing like 33% or more of your stack already!"
      This is new to me though... We could also go AI directly preflop then, the same we do with 3+ limpers?