This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl50 Aa

• Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $30,35
      BB:
      $10,00
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, SB calls $1,75, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($6,00) A:club: , T:heart: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8,00 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $8,00 (All-In).

Turn: ($22,00) 3:heart:
      River: ($22,00) K:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22,00

No way this could go wrong right? lol
  • 8 replies
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      mmm... what game are you playing then? :D

Well played - we have to shove here as a proper cbet is half our remaining stack and board is extra drawy.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redindian77
      mmm... what game are you playing then? :D

Well played - we have to shove here as a proper cbet is half our remaining stack and board is extra drawy.

Top set, 2 opponents and a stack you must push. I love SSS in these situations :f_biggrin:

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Me too, except this occurence. If everything goes wrong, this goes wrong aswel. He showed KQs, flopped a straight lol.
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Yeah that's a little thing called variance... the biggest problem we sss'ers face.
      That's why I like to employ a very conservative BRM of 50BI's instead of the "usual" 30. I think loads of people severely underestimate variance.

I know it's hard but don't let the outcomes of these kind of hands affect your play. Trust in your own ability to make the right decision.

Cheers
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

No it doesn't affect my play (hopefully :) ), but it DOES affect my BR. Totally crushed... Think you're right too about the 50BI rule is better than the 30BI. I didn't use it before but will certainly start using it after last sessions!

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      the 50BI rule is better than the 30BI

If only 50BI were enough :rolleyes:
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

Yeah I have read that u too belong to the "Luckiest" Poker players... What BRM do you use ATM?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well, 30BI most of the time, but in a major downswing even a more conservative bankroll can't stop you having to move down a limit (or even limits). 50BI swings are totally conceivable in my experience - the more so at higher limits.

Actually, if you don't 'mind' moving up or down as and when required I don't think it is a mortal sin if your bankroll is more aggressive than 30BI - ultimately it's what you feel comfortable with. However, the arguments in favour of having a conservative BR are significant:

1. it reduces the danger of playing with scared money; and
      2. it enables you to play at a given limit for longer even when it's going badly, which means you can build on experience gained of typical opponents at that limit instead of constantly having to readjust - up or down - to a different skill level.

@ PS: sorry this is a bit off topic :D