Stack
      SB:
      $30,35
      BB:
      $10,00
      Hero:
      $10,00

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , A:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $2,00, SB calls $1,75, BB calls $1,50.

Flop: ($6,00) A:club: , T:heart: , J:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8,00 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls $8,00 (All-In).

Turn: ($22,00) 3:heart:
      River: ($22,00) K:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22,00

No way this could go wrong right? lol
  • 8 replies
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      mmm... what game are you playing then? :D

Well played - we have to shove here as a proper cbet is half our remaining stack and board is extra drawy.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by redindian77
      mmm... what game are you playing then? :D

Well played - we have to shove here as a proper cbet is half our remaining stack and board is extra drawy.

Top set, 2 opponents and a stack you must push. I love SSS in these situations :f_biggrin:

- Gerv
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Me too, except this occurence. If everything goes wrong, this goes wrong aswel. He showed KQs, flopped a straight lol.
    • redindian77
      redindian77
      Bronze
      Yeah that's a little thing called variance... the biggest problem we sss'ers face.
      That's why I like to employ a very conservative BRM of 50BI's instead of the "usual" 30. I think loads of people severely underestimate variance.

I know it's hard but don't let the outcomes of these kind of hands affect your play. Trust in your own ability to make the right decision.

Cheers
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi,

No it doesn't affect my play (hopefully :) ), but it DOES affect my BR. Totally crushed... Think you're right too about the 50BI rule is better than the 30BI. I didn't use it before but will certainly start using it after last sessions!

• Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      the 50BI rule is better than the 30BI

If only 50BI were enough :rolleyes:
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      Hi Tim,

Yeah I have read that u too belong to the "Luckiest" Poker players... What BRM do you use ATM?
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well, 30BI most of the time, but in a major downswing even a more conservative bankroll can't stop you having to move down a limit (or even limits). 50BI swings are totally conceivable in my experience - the more so at higher limits.

Actually, if you don't 'mind' moving up or down as and when required I don't think it is a mortal sin if your bankroll is more aggressive than 30BI - ultimately it's what you feel comfortable with. However, the arguments in favour of having a conservative BR are significant:

1. it reduces the danger of playing with scared money; and
      2. it enables you to play at a given limit for longer even when it's going badly, which means you can build on experience gained of typical opponents at that limit instead of constantly having to readjust - up or down - to a different skill level.

@ PS: sorry this is a bit off topic :D