Help Please

• p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      The basic SHC made it easy to understabd what to do if there are more than one raise AFTER you. The bronze doesn't. Assmuing that if we call and someone raises we call - that when we raise someone three bets we call - that when we 3 bet they cap we call = What to do if you are to call more than one bet because the basic talks about strong hands calling and AK AA KK QQ re-raising and the bronze doesnt mention hands that can call an extra two bets.
  • 4 replies
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      another thing - big blind defense only when one guy raised and no one called? for other situation you play with the action against call+raise right?

and another thing - you are in big blind and someone call and SB raises - if we assume we use actions against call+raise it must match up with the 3bet chart to raise but the 3bet chrt is missing the SB for obvious reasons - so do we assume our raising range is as if we got raised by the button?

and another other thing - looking at the chart it seems that if someone open raises and you are not in the big blind you always either 3-bet or fold (makes sense) or am i missing something.
    • enemaze
      enemaze
      Bronze
      1. Raise and reraise behind i call with the hands labeled as strong hands in basic chart, otherwise i fold. Im not sure it's the right thing to do, but it seems pretty safe. But you should take caution since there is a risk you might be dominated by either AK or high pocket pairs, so proceed with caution.

2.No, i think BB defense is with any number of callers.

3.No, you're supposed to look at BB defence and 3-bet accordingly.

4. Yeah, that's just about right.
    • p0rkus
      p0rkus
      Bronze
      somebody confirm 1,2, and 3?

Thanks for your input ill do it according to BB
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi p0rkus.

1) I think this is a good line in the beginning. Later you can look for the situation. If the pot is big enough you can coldcall some hands that have huge implied odds (pocketpairs, suited connectors, etc.).

2) No BB defend is only against the openraiser. If someone called before the raise or if someone coldcalls you have to change your range (less Ax, Kx, etc. with low kicker and more pocketpairs, suited connectors and offsuited connecctors).

3) This is kind of a call+raise situation so the 3-bet in this chart can be applied. You can however call more hands but I think there is no chart for that (like 2)).