[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR KTo

• jxb1977
      Known players:

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , T:diamond:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.40) 7:diamond: , 6:club: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.40, BB raises to $5.60, Hero raises to $9.35 (All-In), BB raises to $9.30 (All-In).

Turn: ($20.05) 7:heart:
      River: ($20.05) 9:club: (1 players)

Final Pot: $20.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, kings and sevens (Kh Td)
      BB shows two pairs, tens and sevens (Tc Th)

Hero wins with two pairs, kings and sevens (Kh Td)

Ok so i raise it up in the SB and the guy in the BB min re-raises me, as he is so aggressive i guess he's thinking i'm trying to steal the blind so i call and have look at the flop. After hitting top pair i make a c-bet. Now when he raises my bet on the flop should i be giving him more credit for trips/AK.. or because he is so aggressive am i right to play the hand as i did??
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'm usually folding the dominated broadways to a min3bet unless i've seen that playing min3bet trash before, since it's usually a sign of strength from unknowns that don't seem to be completely insane. Which a 31/28 doesn't really seem to be.

You'll force yourself into exactly those types of situations where you have to follow through with your (weak) read that he might have nothing and felt top pair, except you're not really sure of anything and you'll end up gambling away 100bb instead of pitching it for an initial 4bb loss. Save yourself the trouble and ditch those hands until you know better to be confident felting top pair postflop.

Hope it helps.