$12.39
      MP3:
      $10.00
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU(Hero):
      $10.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, A.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) Q, J, K (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $0.65, UTG2 calls $0.65.

Turn: ($2.45) 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero bets $1.22, UTG2 calls $1.22.

River: ($4.89) A (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $1.30, Hero raises to $7.63(All-In), UTG2 calls $1.83.

Final Pot: $15.65.

Opponent was 58/0/inf over 25 hands.
      What to do on river ? Just call ?
  • 5 replies
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Since he decided to donk that river I think that is more likely he holds a T and a picture card rather then worser 2pair/worser hands so I'll just call this one (expecting to lose value sometimes)
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      I would bet near pot on flop, check behind turn and call his river bet. I don't like that flop so I'm not looking to build up the pot.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by rickydaprince
      I would bet near pot on flop, check behind turn and call his river bet. I don't like that flop so I'm not looking to build up the pot.
      That doesn't make sense... ?(
      Why do you pot the flop then? If you think you are ahead on the flop you should bet that blank turn.
    • rickydaprince
      rickydaprince
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      Why do you pot the flop then? If you think you are ahead on the flop you should bet that blank turn.
      If I don't bet the flop, I don't know where I stand so I won't know if I'm ahead or not. Also, the reason for betting near pot on the flop is so he doesn't get a cheap turn card. He check/called so I gained hardly any information... so I don't really want to bloat the pot. Now on the turn, the pot is much bigger.. over $3... if I bet here, I'll be quite committed by the river. So I can check behind on the turn, inducing semi bluffs with worse hands, and call a small bet on the river, hence keep the pot small on ugly boards.
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maya1984
      a.If I don't bet the flop, I don't know where I stand so I won't know if I'm ahead or not. Also, the reason for betting near pot on the flop is so he doesn't get a cheap turn card. He check/called so I gained hardly any information... so I don't really want to bloat the pot.

b.Now on the turn, the pot is much bigger.. over $3... if I bet here, I'll be quite committed by the river.

c.So I can check behind on the turn, inducing semi bluffs with worse hands, and call a small bet on the river, hence keep the pot small on ugly boards.

a.Information bets are bad!!! We are betting for value and protection on that flop, not for information! I also bet bet bigger here. I'd make it at least 2/3 psb (0.8$)

b. Nothing have changed on this blank turn, if we were ahead on the flop we are still ahead now so we should keep betting for value and protection.

c.On the river there isn't suck a thing as a semi-bluff, there are no more cards to come!
      Chcecking that turn is bad because we give him a free card on this super drawy borad and and we loose value from the draws that he has.
      I also doubt this passive guy will bet the river with one pair hands. (which again wouldn't be semi-bluff!!)

I hope this got to you in some way. good luck.