[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR QQ vs Donkbetting Reg

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

SB ($59.10)
      BB ($57.40)
      UTG ($50)
      UTG+1 ($66.55)
      MP1 ($52.55)
      MP2 ($48.25)
      CO ($50)
      Gerv (Button) ($122.65)

Preflop: Gerv is Button with Q, Q
      4 folds, CO (poster) checks, Gerv bets $2.25, SB calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.50) J, 8, 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.50, Gerv calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.50) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Gerv bets $7

Is this the way to play against a 17% donkbetter? or should I check behind for Pot control leaving me vulnerable to draws that might scare me off

If he c/R the Turn, what can I ever put him off ?? T9? Jx? in short: how do I note this down as a read, strength ? bluffy?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Depends on the reg. 17% donkbets equals strong top pairs, sets, straights, draws and air on such a good flop for him (which also means really bad for you so he can't expect a c-bet that often). If he really worked donkbetting into his game he'll c/r the turn with a variety of hands, if he's just doing some one-bet donking you'll often get c/r by strong made hands only. Most regs will fall into the 2nd category, and sometimes you'll encounter someone who really thought his gameplan through.

Without further reads i'd also bet the turn for value since he won't always raise you, and if he does i think you're dead against most people at that point so peg it as strength until you see him do it with a big frequency. When that happens you can consider bet/shoving that turn and expect to catch him with air/draws often enough to make money.

Hope it helps.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Sorry I forgot to tell his stats;

52k hands ;)

Can you revise your verdict a bit based on reads/stats?
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

2% c/r turn is too low for him to have really worked that into his game, i'd say it's a lot more likely he's just stabbing at flops the pfa would hate and mostly giving up when called. That means he'll have either very strong stuff or air when he c/r your weakish bet on the turn.

I'd still bet/fold that turn in light of those stats.

Hope it helps.