USA resident here

• bob2205
      bob2205
      Basic
      Tried to set up accounts with Bet365, PokerHeaven, and Betfair, but none have "United States" as a country of residence. Do you have any partners (I passed the quiz and am trying to get the $50 bonus) where US residents can set up accounts?
  • 12 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi bob2205,

I am sorry but due to the current legal framework, we cannot transfer starting capital to players from the U.S. Whilst PokerStrategy doesn't believe this legislation relates to them, as a legal precaution it abides by the legislation in full. This is why you needed to indicate that you are not from the USA when you registered.

If and when the legal situation in the USA changes PokerStrategy hopes to also accept US players - but until then there is nothing we can do.

We trust you will understand the position.

Best regards

Bart
    • bob2205
      bob2205
      Basic
      I understand - thank you for your prompt reply. I must have missed where I was supposed to indicate my country. Hopefully it'll eventually change.
    • tonmill
      tonmill
      Basic
      X( YEAH I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT TOO WHAT A JOKE. I TOO AM FROM AMERICA AND I DIDNT COME ACROSS ANY THING LIKE THAT EITHER, BUT I AM STILL APPRECIATIVE OF THE FREE LESSONS AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING THEM OUT. TOO BAD I HAVE ALL READY LOST ALL OF MY MONEY BEFORE I FOUND THE LESSONS AND WAS REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO USING THE 50 DOLLARS FOR MY AWESOME AMAZING MIRACULOUS COMEBACK. OH WELL INTO THE RED ZONE ILL GO A MARCHING ON MY CHECKING ACCOUNT!! SHOULD HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING WAS UP WHEN THE NARRARATOR IN THE VIDEO WAS A LADY WITH A BRITISH ACCENT. HAHA
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Not too hard to find, just as you click register :P

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/register

• EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thanks for posting degre, nice link.

Yes PokerStrategy do make it clear and there is an Important Sticky Post in this link too:

As it states there, it is an unfortunate situation at the moment and we all hope that the legal framework gets changed in due course.
      Until such time, I'm afraid it is out of PokerStrategy's hands :(

Best regards,

Bart
    • NerveShocker
      NerveShocker
      Basic
      This is a joke if it was illegal and you could face trouble then there would not be tons of major websites allowing US poker players. If you actually took the time the read the laws you all would know they have no effect on you whatsoever. To see websites like this backing down to pure intimidation is shameful. If Us laws say nobody can play poker online in the United States then all the poker sites would have to stop allowing US poker players which is not the case. This is intimidation and people not understanding the law, at least many places are standing up for their rights. I wish this could be one of those places.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey NerveShocker

How 'bout you read through this article about the PartyGaming settlement with US Authorities and then provide any amended comment...
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NerveShocker
      This is a joke if it was illegal and you could face trouble then there would not be tons of major websites allowing US poker players. If you actually took the time the read the laws you all would know they have no effect on you whatsoever. To see websites like this backing down to pure intimidation is shameful. If Us laws say nobody can play poker online in the United States then all the poker sites would have to stop allowing US poker players which is not the case. This is intimidation and people not understanding the law, at least many places are standing up for their rights. I wish this could be one of those places.
      Hello NerveShocker,

I know you are frustrated but US law only allows you to play on certain registered sites. Now PokerStrategy is unsure about there legal stance on this so chooses not to give out starting capitals to USA residents. This is to protect themselves as PokerStrategy is a massive multinational company with over 2.4 million members.

Hope this explains it,

Good luck and best regards,

-Jack
    • NerveShocker
      NerveShocker
      Basic
      Unsure about your legal status eh? Maybe you should figure it out. Thanks so much for your help and not confusing me even more than I already was.
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      looool americans.
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Unsure about your legal status eh? Maybe you should figure it out. Thanks so much for your help and not confusing me even more than I already was.
      It's pretty simple. After December 1st it will be illegal for payment processors to process payments to and from American accounts.

You won't be able to deposit or withdrawal from poker sites anymore. That's pretty crystal clear in my book.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hello NerveShocker,

This post sums it up quite well: US Residents please read

When you say 'ton of major websites' you are perhaps overlooking that all the large poker providers who were the biggest players in the market before the passing of the UIEGA - don't operate in the USA (PartyPoker, 888.com, etc). These sites had the vast majority of the market share and each lost most of their player base to the sites that now serve American players. One could therefore effectively say that the biggest and most established sites actually took losing half their player base (and thus millions up millions of dollars) into account when withdrawing from the USA. So when you stamp everything off as "a joke" you aren't exactly making a very well informed statement - considering that they certainly wouldn't take such a step without looking at the facts quite closely beforehand.

PokerStrategy.com is well aware that the UIEGA probably does not apply to us a company. Nonetheless we have decided as a company to take the legal precaution and not operate in the United States which is currently a legal gray zone.

Best regards
      SoyCD