Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.78
      UTG1:
      $42.03

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: , T:club:
      UTG1 calls $0.50, 6 folds, Hero raises to $2.75, BB folds, UTG1 calls $2.25.

Flop: ($6.00) K:club: , 4:club: , J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8.03 (All-In), UTG1 calls $8.03.

Turn: ($22.06) 3:spade:
      River: ($22.06) 8:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $22.06

I had another hand like this where I checked the flop in the hope of elliciting a bet from villain and pushing over the top with my strong draw. This time I played it like a made hand as in articles and I hope I got it right? Of course the result was the same because I'm cursed, but that's a different story :)
  • 5 replies
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      I would cbet 4$ since i don't like to overpush flops, but with your hand against an unknown villain there's nothing wrong with it, nh.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      since i don't like to overpush flops

Interesting. Is it because you don't believe we get additonal fe with a push or because you think we lose value from worse hands by pushing?

I like the push because we don't have a made hand and it avoids any decision what to do on a blank turn card
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      nh. Totally standard, you have the nuts in this spot and want to get it in asap.

Villain will often check behind so i recommend shoving.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey Tim64,

nice hand, as played. You have a strong draw, so you want the extra FE you get by pushing. However, I would prefer to bet/call or bet/push turn for balancing reasons, but on the other hand, that's not necessary on NL50 and specially not against villain you played only 59 hands with. So, just do what's best in particular hand, which is push in this case.

On the side note, I don't like c/r line against unknown opponent as it can lead you in lot of trouble if he checks behind and there's blank turn.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tim64
      since i don't like to overpush flops

Interesting. Is it because you don't believe we get additonal fe with a push or because you think we lose value from worse hands by pushing?
      Originally posted by burek2000
      You have a strong draw, so you want the extra FE you get by pushing. However, I would prefer to bet/call or bet/push turn for balancing reasons, but on the other hand, that's not necessary [...] against villain you played only 59 hands with. So, just do what's best in particular hand, which is push in this case.
      this.

my general preference is to b/c if I have more than potsize on the flop to give villain some room to bluff.
      But then I can't push my bluffs (like a FD) either, if villain has already observed my play.