This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ and J3s

• Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Was playing NL2 BSS 16 tables. Here is two hand where i would like evaluation.

1st

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $6.25
      MP3:
      $0.35
      CO:
      $2.10
      BU:
      $0.40
      SB:
      $0.70
      BB(Hero):
      $1.96
      UTG2:
      $0.42
      MP1:
      $2.06

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $0.04, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) 3, 5, 9 (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.16, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.53, Hero raises to $1.76(All-In), CO calls $1.31.

Turn: ($3.97) 8 (3 players)

River: ($3.97) T (3 players)

Final Pot: $3.97.

2nd

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $0.90
      MP3:
      $2.83
      CO:
      $2.95
      BU:
      $1.43
      SB(Hero):
      $1.81
      BB:
      $0.36
      MP1:
      $0.34

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, 3.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 5, J, 7 (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.06, BB calls $0.06, CO raises to $2.93(All-In), Hero calls $1.73(All-In), BB folds.

Turn: ($4.84) 6 (3 players)

River: ($4.84) K (3 players)

Final Pot: $4.84.
  • 6 replies
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      First hand: preflop: calling minraise is pointless here, make it about 0,16-0,2

On flop considering its NL2 you can go AI, but dont minraise. Make normal raise and call shove or push after his raise.

Second hand: completing this trash hand is acceptable but I wouldnt do it. With TPNK you are often in bad shape and also your possible flush is fourth best.

You can lead out on this flop but I wouldnt call his raise, if he has a set or twopair (J5 or J7) you dont get enough odds to call. If he has only a FD or SD, you are ahead but I would spare my money here and not put it in in this borderline situation.
    • mozartiano
      mozartiano
      Bronze
      Agreed.

But in the first case, after calling the miniraise, I don't like calling the all in.

Looks like the guy was masking aces.

Bye
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Thanks for your opinion XP

I was playing like a donk with these two hand >_<

Need to become a better poker player and reduce my flaw.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Try to post one hand per topic,

Hand 1: You should always 3bet, definitely at these stakes at least. And considering MP3 is open-min-raising you got yet another argument to do so. Just 3-bet to 20-24c there.

On the flop: raise properly... Min-raising is for donks. Other then that, just get the money in but you're doing that just fine.

Hand 2: Fold pre-flop. Completing suited broadways and pocket pairs in the SB etc is ok but completing suited garbage is something you shouldn't do.

As played I would go broke under normal circumstances cause I know I'm almost flipping against overpairs & Jx hands but there's only 18c in the pot which is gonna go towards rake anyway so I think folding here would be the best option.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kosmonaut111
      First hand: preflop: calling minraise is pointless here, make it about 0,16-0,2

On flop considering its NL2 you can go AI, but dont minraise. Make normal raise and call shove or push after his raise.

Second hand: completing this trash hand is acceptable but I wouldnt do it. With TPNK you are often in bad shape and also your possible flush is fourth best.

You can lead out on this flop but I wouldnt call his raise, if he has a set or twopair (J5 or J7) you dont get enough odds to call. If he has only a FD or SD, you are ahead but I would spare my money here and not put it in in this borderline situation.
      +1
      1) I think getting all-in on the flop is fine, I´d 3-bet pf though
      2) your hand isn´t that strong to call overshove. I´d b/f to shove
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Thank for the evaluation.

Will not make the same mistake against.Hope so xD