Bit confused, need some explanations

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello friends.

I ve been playing poker on 2 platforms: PokerStars( with my own deposit) and FullTiltPoker(50$ bonus).
      I ve come to the point that most of the time when I play on pokerstars(SNG 1$+0.20$ buyin) I have good results and most ofthen finnish in money, but when I play that same tournaments on FTP i finnish around 30th place, the best was 4 and second best 10th.

What I ve been noticed on FTP that strange things happen when I play, like losing on river, or lose with 3of a kind against flush that came on turn and river.

Is it just me or is playing on PokerStats more reliable and friendly, looking from the point of game itself

Regards
  • 3 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello Sinnology,

The best answer for this is simply variance. It is likely that you can do well on one site but do bad on another but this isnt because the site is "Rigged". In the near future it could change and you may start winning on FTP and losing on Stars. You may start winning on both! Its luck and is completely random. There can be no reliability in luck because it is random.

I hope this helps you understand,

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hey Jack.
      Thank you very much for your answer.
      I believe you are right, but somehow that randomness and being more lucky on Stars makes me being more sympathetic towards that platform and away from FTP, despite the fact that I recive only poker strategy points when I play on FTP.

Regards
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Maybe Stars has more fish, but both have same amount of luck and randomness.