This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Donk or Genius?

• NejTilSvampe
      NejTilSvampe
      Bronze
      This new guy sits at my table and I decide to get to know him alittle bit :P
      Idk if this is readable at all I used the flopturnriver converter thingy..
      note: I started with 30$ and ended up with over 150$ so needless to say I was destroying the table.

But if it is, am I the fish or the genius? xD
      personally I think I'm the fish :P but it worked.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($207.85)
      BB ($100)
      UTG ($124.20)
      MP ($108.45)
      Hero (Button) ($118)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 9
      2 folds, Hero bets $4, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12) 4, 5, K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8, 1 fold, BB calls $8

Turn: ($28) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB calls $18

River: ($64) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $28, 1 fold

Total pot: $64 | Rake: $2
  • 4 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just keep playing and you will see! ;)
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      Im no expert on NL but from the way it played I would have put him on KQ maybe KJ but doubtful, but after seeing he folds the river on such a safe board (No flushes or obvious straights) It would make sense for him to have a pair like TT, 99, or even mebe lower 7's or 6's and didn't like the chunky river bet.

Jake
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      In most situations like this I would have check folded the turn as you have no draws and if he does have a K you are way behind in the hand.

Jake
    • NejTilSvampe
      NejTilSvampe
      Bronze
      I agree guys, but I have more factors to consider. He was hesitating alot and stuff, it's been some time since I played the hand so I don't remember every detail. But my gut just told me he was playing a funky hand. It was like when you know people milks the clock to make it look like they're thinking in a big hand, but all they're doing is trying to bluff. idk if it's only me who notices these kind of things. But anyway it worked out well.. I agree that when I look at the text version it looks so horrible. :P