Donk or Genius?

• NejTilSvampe
      NejTilSvampe
      Bronze
      This new guy sits at my table and I decide to get to know him alittle bit :P
      Idk if this is readable at all I used the flopturnriver converter thingy..
      note: I started with 30$ and ended up with over 150$ so needless to say I was destroying the table.

But if it is, am I the fish or the genius? xD
      personally I think I'm the fish :P but it worked.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB ($207.85)
      BB ($100)
      UTG ($124.20)
      MP ($108.45)
      Hero (Button) ($118)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 10, 9
      2 folds, Hero bets $4, SB calls $3.50, BB calls $3

Flop: ($12) 4, 5, K (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $8, 1 fold, BB calls $8

Turn: ($28) 8 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB calls $18

River: ($64) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $28, 1 fold

Total pot: $64 | Rake: $2
  • 4 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just keep playing and you will see! ;)
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      Im no expert on NL but from the way it played I would have put him on KQ maybe KJ but doubtful, but after seeing he folds the river on such a safe board (No flushes or obvious straights) It would make sense for him to have a pair like TT, 99, or even mebe lower 7's or 6's and didn't like the chunky river bet.

Jake
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      In most situations like this I would have check folded the turn as you have no draws and if he does have a K you are way behind in the hand.

Jake
    • NejTilSvampe
      NejTilSvampe
      Bronze
      I agree guys, but I have more factors to consider. He was hesitating alot and stuff, it's been some time since I played the hand so I don't remember every detail. But my gut just told me he was playing a funky hand. It was like when you know people milks the clock to make it look like they're thinking in a big hand, but all they're doing is trying to bluff. idk if it's only me who notices these kind of things. But anyway it worked out well.. I agree that when I look at the text version it looks so horrible. :P