ID but no address.

• YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      Hello

An email from pokerstrategy requested a picture of my ID or passport, I sent both. I then noticed that the mail stated that if my home address wasn't included then I would have to send a utility bill or something.

The thing is, I live with my mother. Does the bill have to be addressed to me? And what if I don't have a utility bill ready, do I have to wait until next month?
  • 19 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi YellowPhlegm,

Yes ideally it would need to be addressed to you as PokerStrategy would need to confirm that you live at that address.

Do you maybe have some other official documentation, maybe a driving licence, insurance certificate, national ID card, health card or similar that shows your name and address?

No, please don't feel that you have to wait, I'm sure that support will be able to help you as long as you can supply some proof of your address. It's any document, preferably official of some description, e.g. government agency, driving authority, ultility company or maybe your college, that shows both your name and address on it.

Any problems, please contact support using the ticketing system for assistance.

Good luck and welcome to PokerStrategy, it's good to see you.

Best regards,

Bart
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      I just turned 18 so I really don't have any official documents with my address on them. All bills are addressed to my mother and the national ID in Sweden does not show addresses and I don't have a driver's license.

The best I have is an advertising letter from a company that makes glasses offering me a discount for being a loyal costumer but making something like that would take a few minutes in photoshop and would probably not be accepted by Pokerstrategy. I guess I'll make a ticket after they've responded to my mail on which I attached the pictures of my ID and my passport.

Thanks, man.

Edit: Sent them a copy of a letter from my dentist, I hope that'll do.
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      I might have the same problem... I'm 20 years old and live with my parents and dont have a drivers license. i don't even have a passport i never left the country and it costs 80$ to have your passport done. No point in getting it done if im not leaving right?. So i sent pictures of my quebec medical card. which is the only id card i have with a picture. I took pictures of the front and back and pictures with me holding it up. i just took the pictures and sent it to them today. these medical cards have alot of personal information.
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      if they keep copies of these on file it could be very dangerous. even if they dont use them someone else might hack in... This could be a serious case of identity fraud
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      Lets just hope that they'll take what we've got, man. Nothing else we can do.

Why do they need our correct address anyway?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by YellowPhlegm
      Lets just hope that they'll take what we've got, man. Nothing else we can do.

Why do they need our correct address anyway?
      Fraud is why they need you address and money laundering
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      How can we be frauding them?

I sent exactly what they asked for. like 6-7 pictures a few of the front of the id so they can say its not clear because of glare or whatever. they asked for me holding it up i did that too 2 pictures of that. and even pictures of the back of the id which i did.
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      now we wait.... maybe for another 2-3 days
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Dont get me wrong im not saying you are commiting fraud but it is just one messure they use to counter act the untrustworthy in the world
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      I get why that they have to protect themselves from fraud, I really do. But if they know all my info except my address, how would attaining my address stop me from pulling a fraud on them?

I'm sure there's an explanation, I'm just curious :P
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      no offense but with the pictures of the id i just sent them if they find anyone that looks like me they can come to Canada and get free health care paid for by the quebec government and canadian government.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Sorry im not qualified to answer these questions
      maybe the mod will come back and help you out
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      just talking. I've got nothing better to do atm
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

lennonac is right, PokerStrategy have to protect themselves from people occasionally attempting to obtain more than one starting capital.

I would stress that no-one is suggesting anything of the kind from yourselves, it is standard practice on all new accounts to check you are who you say you are.

It is a one-off check prior to receiving your starting capital. The address is an important aspect in confirming your identity.

Please be assured that your personal details/photos etc are all stored safely & securely and never given out to third parties. I think things like photos actually get deleted after ID checks have been done, but I don't know for sure.

If you encounter any problems regarding the ID documentation, please forward whatever does contain the information required and contact support who I am sure will help & guide you through anything else that may be required.

Finally, don't panic, just be patient (you could always re-read through the strategy material already provided, the more you understand, the better you will play) and you'll soon be playing poker, good luck :)

Best regards,

Bart
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      Hehe, not panicking and fully aware that nobody is accusing me of anything. And yeah, I should probably read more but I know that I crush NL2 and NL5 from experience (I played a lot of illegal poker before I turned 18) so I'm just going to continue playing Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption until they reply to my mail. ^^
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      I'm planning on hitting the micro stakes MTT's on PS.
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      I suck at MTT's, I can only play cashgames and SNG's. Maybe I should read up on MTT-play. But everyone knows that the element of luck is a bigger part of tournament play than than cashgame :P
    • Zayn
      Zayn
      Global
      well i don't know about that. CG has a much higher variance especially is you play SSS
    • YellowPhlegm
      YellowPhlegm
      Global
      I don't play SSS. :P