This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl50 FR AA, dryboard OOP

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 256592

BTN: $95.15

SB: $51.50
      BB: $16.05
      UTG: $39.50
      UTG+1: $81.15
      MP1: $9.25
      Hero (MP2): $81.45
      CO: $9.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP2 with A :club: A :spade:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, BTN calls $2, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8 :heart: 5 :spade: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BTN raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($19.75) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($19.75) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $11.00, Hero calls $11

I dislike this way of playing, giving away iniative but by the Turn check behind, I think I have the best hand. Question is if I want to Bet/Call or just c/c

I think as soon as I bet, I woul dhave to bet/fold River although his line doesn't really make sense

So actually I was thinking of 3bettin gpostflop and getting it in, I think i should be more aggressive in these kind of spots against high % raise CB guys
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think 3-betting/getting all-in on that flop is mistake.
      he won´t really raise/shove there with 99-JJ, maybe he do that with QQ/KK, but i´d expect him to flatcall these hands anyway
      so that leaves b/c flop and decide on the turn
      you can lead out on the turn, but how big pot you want to play against that player? I think turn should be b/f, although you sometimes can see player raising with 66 for example since you take b/f line there always with overpairs.
      So I´d rather keep pot small and take c/c line.
      you can bet out river and have to fold if he raises, since don´t think players are turning their pp-s or draws into bluffs too many times, although I´d likely take another c/c line to gain information which hands he is raising on the flop to play better next time against his raising range on the flop.