[NL2-NL10] Did I bet wrong?

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,10, 4 folds, CO raises to $0,70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,60, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($1,55) T:spade: , 2:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,55) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, CO raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.

Where did I go wrong? I gave him bad odds on the flop and he went ahead.Should I have bet stronger? On the turn I was pretty sure he had hit the straight when he raised but my odds where ok for full hand / quads so I called.
      River: ($5,15) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, CO raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.

Because the bet was small in relation to the pot, I bet/called "just in case", but I knew I had lost.
      Final Pot: $6,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Ad, Kc ] a straight Ten to Ace
      Hero shows [ Jh, Js ] three of a kind, Jacks
      CO wins $6.42 USD with a straight, Ten to Ace.
  • 4 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Why not play check/raise on flop ?That way he puts some money on the pot of his own , and you can raise to an amount like 4-4.5$ that only a total fish would call if he has a gutshot. Getting one of his 4 outs is just bad luck for this specific hand.
      Turn action seems bad to me as well ,bets are supposed to become larger as the pot grows , and not smaller. It is a total sign of weakness , shows that you are afraid of the turn card and even worse hands can try to bluff you out (Not with a minreraise ofc).
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Thanks.
      I thought that betting PF to give him odds of 2,5:1, would be enough to make him run if he had a draw.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      I'd like a check/raise on the flop aswell.
      He was the preflop agresser and he will take another stab most likely, then put in a good raise.

The turnplay is just plain horribly. Make it another bet, around $2, he might hold 10s, AJ, AQ, KK, AA or even worse hands. If you bet $0.40 in a $3,55 pot where you've bet $1 on the street before then you're saying: "Here, I dont want to play this hand anymore but feel free to take some extra money".
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      You´re both quite right. It was dumb of me to bet the way I did.
      The outcome was just bad luck but I played wrong even if I had won.Thanks.