This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Did I bet wrong?

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0,10, 4 folds, CO raises to $0,70, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,60, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($1,55) T:spade: , 2:diamond: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, CO calls $1,00.

Turn: ($3,55) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, CO raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.

Where did I go wrong? I gave him bad odds on the flop and he went ahead.Should I have bet stronger? On the turn I was pretty sure he had hit the straight when he raised but my odds where ok for full hand / quads so I called.
      River: ($5,15) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,40, CO raises to $0,80, Hero calls $0,40.

Because the bet was small in relation to the pot, I bet/called "just in case", but I knew I had lost.
      Final Pot: $6,75

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows [ Ad, Kc ] a straight Ten to Ace
      Hero shows [ Jh, Js ] three of a kind, Jacks
      CO wins $6.42 USD with a straight, Ten to Ace.
  • 4 replies
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      Why not play check/raise on flop ?That way he puts some money on the pot of his own , and you can raise to an amount like 4-4.5$ that only a total fish would call if he has a gutshot. Getting one of his 4 outs is just bad luck for this specific hand.
      Turn action seems bad to me as well ,bets are supposed to become larger as the pot grows , and not smaller. It is a total sign of weakness , shows that you are afraid of the turn card and even worse hands can try to bluff you out (Not with a minreraise ofc).
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Thanks.
      I thought that betting PF to give him odds of 2,5:1, would be enough to make him run if he had a draw.
    • Nogatsira
      Nogatsira
      Bronze
      I'd like a check/raise on the flop aswell.
      He was the preflop agresser and he will take another stab most likely, then put in a good raise.

The turnplay is just plain horribly. Make it another bet, around $2, he might hold 10s, AJ, AQ, KK, AA or even worse hands. If you bet $0.40 in a $3,55 pot where you've bet $1 on the street before then you're saying: "Here, I dont want to play this hand anymore but feel free to take some extra money".
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      You´re both quite right. It was dumb of me to bet the way I did.
      The outcome was just bad luck but I played wrong even if I had won.Thanks.