Poker site spyware?

• w34z3l
      Hey all, this is my first post. It could perhaps even be considered more tech based than poker based but it does involve a couple of poker sites.

I am currently using a computer that clearly needs a little sorting out. The browser often redirects to links that were not clicked on, I'm assuming because my computer is infected with spyware. While I should have no problem sorting this out, something did spark my curiosity. 2 of the sites I'm often redirected to against my will are poker sites. In particular for pacific poker and (less often) party poker.

So what do you guys reckon? Is it anything to do with the sites themselves? Do they deliberately infect peoples computers for advertisement purposes? Or is this browser redirection from another source, and if so, what is the motive of that source?

• 2 replies
    • OrcaAoc
      If you have sensible data on your computer like when playing poker you should format c: and reinstall everything from scratch in those kind of cases. Chaging all sites passwords from a different computer is a good idea also.
    • EagleStar88
      Don't forget to back up any important data first though of course ;)

Hi w34z3l, welcome to PokerStrategy, it's good to see you.

Hope you manage to sort out these problems soon and we look forward to your 2nd and subsequent posts.

Best regards,