How many tables should i play?

• 8 replies
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      First up I would load 1 or 2 tables but do not start at nl10 you do not have the bankroll for it.

Try and get talking to daphunk he is a successfull SSS player
    • selcukyildirim
      selcukyildirim
      Bronze
      How do i get in touch with him?
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      he has a blog with his name in the title, try there.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      You could also attend Gerv's SSS bronze coaching tomorrow at 7pm CET.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      do not start at nl10 you do not have the bankroll for it.
      This is false, with SSS and the starting capital ($50) you should start at NL10 using pokerstrategy bankroll management. Start with one (or two if youre comfortable) tables and make sure you're playing correctly before you increase the amount of tables. Good luck =)
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Originally posted by Fongie
      Originally posted by lennonac
      do not start at nl10 you do not have the bankroll for it.
      This is false, with SSS and the starting capital ($50) you should start at NL10 using pokerstrategy bankroll management. Start with one (or two if youre comfortable) tables and make sure you're playing correctly before you increase the amount of tables. Good luck =)
      I wouldnt say its false as a new player starting with 25 buyins is pretty spewy imo.

I have had good success with SSS myself up to NL200 and I regulary had 20 buy in swings. I just think it kills a new player when this happens to them as they will be prone to tilt.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      What you're saying about SSS being swingy is true, but I quote
      "Your poker career starts with $50 (+ bonus), the starting capital you received for passing the quiz. You will begin your career in NL10 (No Limit 0.05/0.10). "
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/1373/

On some clients it's not possible to start at a lower limit :) and on nl10 you should be fine starting with 25. Sure, SSS is swingy, which is why it may be one of the more mentally challenging beginner strategies (it's hard for beginners to play correctly and still lose), but still... it's good for starting with $50
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      I know what you are saying and yes i know it says it in the strategy, but I see daily posts from new players saying they only have $16 left.

It usualy is because they havnt stuck to the rules, so I guess you cant stop that.

Maybe as they move through the limits they can increase the buyins as I wouldnt play NL200 with only 25 buyins.

I didnt realise that some sites you can only play NL10 +

I hope you dont think im saying the strategy is wrong as im not but I think it is good to talk about all aspects of poker wether they affect you or not.