Stack
      Hero:
      $9,45
      MP2:
      $2,00
      BU:
      $0,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,04.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, 2 folds, BU calls $0,04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,24, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,54) 8:spade: , 4:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,37, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0,91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (Ah Qc)

Hero wins with high card ace with queen kicker (Ah Qc)

I didn't see he was a short stack and now I understand that if he shoves, I'm pretty much commited so is it a good idea to c-bet in this situation or should I just check it and play for value?
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      c-bet. Shorty's are usually going to be playing "fit or fold", so in the 67% (I think?) times he won't connect you have a profitable C-bet.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Low cards aren't the best board structures to c-bet on but it's a rainbow board and 842 doesn't really give such a crazy amount of straight draws. So yes, I would definitely just c-bet/call him all-in here.

If he shoves he'll most likely have you beat but you'd be getting 3.2:1 which is enough to go broke with your 2 overcards imo cause he's sometimes just gonna bluff with 2 overcards himself to. I guess it's close and a bit villain dependant, but this is a spot where you definitely wanna c-bet.

So, nh imo.

EDIT: Small fix
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Low cards are the best board structures to c-bet on but it's a rainbow board and 842 doesn't really give such a crazy amount of straight draws. So yes, I would definitely just c-bet/call him all-in here.

If he shoves he'll most likely have you beat but you'd be getting 3.2:1 which is enough to go broke with your 2 overcards imo cause he's sometimes just gonna bluff with 2 overcards himself to. I guess it's close and a bit villain dependent, but this is a spot where you definitely wanna c-bet.

So, nh imo.
      Pretty much this. However there are so shorties that will play fit or fold to a c-bet, but will blindly jam anything if you check to them, in which case i'm check/calling for value in that spot since it's so hard for them to hit anything that AQ-high is likely the best hand still.

Hope it helps.