This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 FR AQo

• nXmaniac
      nXmaniac
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $9,45
      MP2:
      $2,00
      BU:
      $0,94

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , Q:club: . MP2 posts a blind of $0,04.
      2 folds, MP2 checks, 2 folds, BU calls $0,04, SB folds, Hero raises to $0,24, MP2 folds, BU calls $0,20.

Flop: ($0,54) 8:spade: , 4:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,37, BU folds.

Final Pot: $0,91

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card ace with queen kicker (Ah Qc)

Hero wins with high card ace with queen kicker (Ah Qc)

I didn't see he was a short stack and now I understand that if he shoves, I'm pretty much commited so is it a good idea to c-bet in this situation or should I just check it and play for value?
  • 3 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      c-bet. Shorty's are usually going to be playing "fit or fold", so in the 67% (I think?) times he won't connect you have a profitable C-bet.
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      Low cards aren't the best board structures to c-bet on but it's a rainbow board and 842 doesn't really give such a crazy amount of straight draws. So yes, I would definitely just c-bet/call him all-in here.

If he shoves he'll most likely have you beat but you'd be getting 3.2:1 which is enough to go broke with your 2 overcards imo cause he's sometimes just gonna bluff with 2 overcards himself to. I guess it's close and a bit villain dependant, but this is a spot where you definitely wanna c-bet.

So, nh imo.

EDIT: Small fix
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Mstlc
      Low cards are the best board structures to c-bet on but it's a rainbow board and 842 doesn't really give such a crazy amount of straight draws. So yes, I would definitely just c-bet/call him all-in here.

If he shoves he'll most likely have you beat but you'd be getting 3.2:1 which is enough to go broke with your 2 overcards imo cause he's sometimes just gonna bluff with 2 overcards himself to. I guess it's close and a bit villain dependent, but this is a spot where you definitely wanna c-bet.

So, nh imo.
      Pretty much this. However there are so shorties that will play fit or fold to a c-bet, but will blindly jam anything if you check to them, in which case i'm check/calling for value in that spot since it's so hard for them to hit anything that AQ-high is likely the best hand still.

Hope it helps.