SSS v BSS - which is more profitable for you?

• feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      I'm looking for some opinions from players who are experienced with both. I play BSS and make a small profit.

SSS seems dull to me because you just follow a chart and set of rules. However, if it is much more profitable, maybe I should get into it.

I must admit, I like the thinking/strategy aspect of BSS and was turned off by a few of the articles on SSS because it seems very rigid.

Welcome any thoughtS!
  • 7 replies
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      BSS.
      SSS is too swingy, I turned $4 into $65 in one day playing SSS plo10, and lost it all the next day.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Bronze
      Full Tilt player -

SSS - - $ 220

Started BSS NL2 5 days ago - + $ 10

lol not much but at least making a profit.

Think it depends on the player.

Some will play better with SSS others with BSS just try both and see which style you are suited for.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey feedfest,

the one more profitable is the one you play better. Both strategies can be played very profitable, specially on low limits. On high limits I see the problem with SSS because you have to leave the table once you build too big stack and due to lack of tables it's harder to find more fish, while with BSS you can play against a fish until one of you two decides to leave. However, on lower limits there's enough tables and fish to implement both strategies well.

I would advise you to stick with the strategy you like more, if you find SSS dull, then go with BSS.

Regards,
      burek2000
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      Hey feedfest,

the one more profitable is the one you play better. Both strategies can be played very profitable, specially on low limits. On high limits I see the problem with SSS because you have to leave the table once you build too big stack and due to lack of tables it's harder to find more fish, while with BSS you can play against a fish until one of you two decides to leave. However, on lower limits there's enough tables and fish to implement both strategies well.

I would advise you to stick with the strategy you like more, if you find SSS dull, then go with BSS.

Regards,
      burek2000
      +1

Just play the one you like more. If it's not fun, it's difficult to make it profitable.
    • feedfest
      feedfest
      Bronze
      I play BSS and make a small profit before rakeback. I found SSS very boring to play and only did one (break even if i recall) session. I was just curious if others found SSS to be profitable enough to offset the fact that it is less enjoyable to play.

thanks for all your thoughts
    • unlogik112
      unlogik112
      Bronze
      Originally posted by feedfest
      I play BSS and make a small profit before rakeback. I found SSS very boring to play and only did one (break even if i recall) session. I was just curious if others found SSS to be profitable enough to offset the fact that it is less enjoyable to play.

thanks for all your thoughts
      if you play about 8 tables simultaneosly its pretty enjoyable as there's always some action imo
    • Enomai
      Enomai
      Gold
      I've found SSS to be much more profitable, since I find it's a lot harder to end up on tilt. I'm usually stoned when I'm playing so when a string of bad beats come my way & I'm playing BSS I often end up losing silly amounts on a revenge tip. Poor excuse I know but I'm still mastering the art of self discipline. Only been playing SSS for a few days & I'm not sticking to it 100% strictly but I've found it far more profitable for my temperament & far easier to deal with bad beats etc.

Here's my graph since I started SSS on Thursday

Obviously though I haven't played a massive number of hands & haven't been hit hard by much of a downswing yet so I'm not exactly speaking from a lot of experience.

This is all at NL25 btw.