Stratega Points?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello friends.
      I am bit confuesd how those strategy points are delt?
      I am playing at FTP and in last few days I had some pretty good results, like winnning few micro single table SNG, I won the satelite to DaillyDollar competition where 9000 people played, finnished at 772th place, and still I recieved only 2.8 pints in last 2 days here.
      Can someone pls explain me how this works, couse at this pace it will take me ages to get to silver level, not to mention anything beyond.

Regards

Sinn
  • 3 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello Sinnology,

Strategy points are not based on how well you do, they are based on the rake you create. This means the more you play, the more rake you create and the more strategy points you gain.

So at FTP you gain 2 SP for every $1 of rake you create. This means if you play a $1 + $0.25 SnG, you will receive 0.5 strategy points.

More information can be found here ---> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy-points/

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THanks for reply.
      Since you are so kind, can you pls explain me what exactley the rake is ?
      Based on your example 1$+0.25 SNG gives me 0.5 point I can conclude that your points depend on how much money you leave to them ?
      Am I missing something here?

thx for reply once again
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      Based on your example 1$+0.25 SNG gives me 0.5 point I can conclude that your points depend on how much money you leave to them?
      Hi, you are right.
      If you play for real money, you pay some money to the poker room (Full Tilt in your case). In cash games you pay 5 cents for every dolar in the pot (up to a given maximum which depends on the type of game you play).
      In tournaments and SNGs there is a given fee which is included in the buy-in. For example some tournaments have buy-in $6+0.50 which means that you pay $6.50 and $6 goes for the prize money while $0.50 is the fee for poker room.
      The more rake and fee (different names for basicly the same thing in cash/tourneys) you pay, the more strategy points you get.
      For now just study the bronze articles and watch videos. If you play regularly, you will surely reach higher limits and play more, then your produced rake will be higher and so will be your status here.
      Good luck