This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] ak vs 4bet pre

• elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB(Hero):
      $11.27
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $22.07
      CO:
      $9.85
      BU:
      $12.61

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.35, BU calls $0.35, Hero raises to $1.95, MP2 folds, CO raises to $4.05, BU folds, Hero raises to $9.27(All-In), Hero raises to $0.00(All-In), CO calls $5.45(All-In), CO calls $0.00(All-In).

Flop: ($21.57) 8, 4, 9 (3 players)

Turn: ($21.57) 7 (3 players)

River: ($21.57) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $21.57.

What if he raised to $6 or shoved?

edit: I squeezed to $2 because BU would call it with any two if it wasn't for the 4-bet.
  • 3 replies
    • Mstlc
      Mstlc
      Bronze
      4bet min-raise... this is so strong. I think you can safely fold here but I can't really judge the situation properly without player stats.

VPIP/PFR/AF/3bet %??? It's pretty important to include stats in these kind of hands cause these kinda pots really are all about reads.
    • elco49
      elco49
      Bronze
      He sat down at the table about 5 min before this hand. I think he was tight.

I guess folding could induce light 4bet-minraise later, which would be nice.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you think CO is tight enough not to play AK and/or JJ that way you can find a fold, but against most players especially without a decent sample size when you squeeze AK it's have never a mistake to go broke, especially because it's such an obvious squeeze spot. You'll see people randomly trying to fight back with crap often enough to show a profit imo.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me against an unknown whether he 4bets to $4 $6 or plain shoves i'm still not folding once i squeezed AK without stats.

I wouldn't really count on inducing further light min4bets, you'll just end up outleveling yourself way too often at nl10.

Hope it helps.