$1.25 SNG's on FullTilt and $1.20's on PokerStars

• CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I know it's correct to play $1 SNG's with a $50 bankroll but the rake for these $1 buy in's are very steep at 25% rake on Fulltilt and 20% on Stars where as the $2.25's on Fulltilt and $3.40's on pokerstars have alot less rake for the buy in.

Id like to here players thought's on this as I think it would be correct to play 1c/2c NL cash and build your bankroll to $100 on Fulltilt or $150 on Pokerstars before playing SNG's although Pokerstars do have turbo 5 table SNG $1.10's and DON's which also have a 10% rake but are also turbo's.

Captain Luffy
  • 3 replies
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I need thoughts on this please!
    • Ejeckt
      Ejeckt
      Bronze
      Wow, those are some loooong sentences :P

Anyway, yes, though the rake is quite high the limits are still quite beatable. I received my PS starting capital on PokerStars and played the $1 tourneys until I cleared my required points. Then I deposited a bit more and played the $3 tourneys. Both have above 10% rake, but the tourneys themselves are easy enough to still grind profitably.

At this stage, with such a small BR, I don't think you should be worrying about trying save as much as you can on the rake. The rake is high, but it's not so high that you should avoid playing there. If the competition was tougher, then yes, it's ok to find a poker room with better rake structure. But just follow the strategies taught here and you'll move into the higher limits soon enough.
    • CaptainLuffy
      CaptainLuffy
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply!

C.Luffy