$397.00
      CO:
      $247.65
      BU:
      $211.00
      SB(Hero):
      $35.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      UTG1 calls $2.00, 2 folds, MP2 calls $2.00, 2 folds, BU calls $2.00, Hero raises to $15.00, BB folds, UTG1 calls $14.00, MP2 calls $14.00, BU folds.

Flop: ($52) T, 3, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $19.00(All-In), UTG1 calls $19.00, MP2 raises to $38.00, UTG1 raises to $20.00(All-In), MP2 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($149) T (3 players)

River: ($149) 2 (3 players)

Do i bet or i should check/fold here?
  • 8 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Well, I don't play this limit so I don't know how much credit your push would likely generate, but I would be surprised if you can often get both players to fold on this board with a 19$ push into a $50 pot since it's hard to represent anything; so I would favour just check/folding as standard in a multiway pot. Our equity is not great against any hand that would call us.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Three limpers, a reduced stack and a hand that is not dominated. I push all my chips in the middle preflop with a big grin on my face.

As played, I think you have zero fold equity on the flop and even with the great pot odds you should just check/fold.
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      I have to admit that I'm quite unsure about those spots regarding optimal preflop-play.

I tend to raise preflop to $14, but really I am comitted anyway on almost any flop regardless of how many callers I get.

So I'm not sure whether it's better to shove it in preflop (creating more foldequity there) or just raising to get more calls and push any flop hoping for some foldequity if you miss it.

As played you have to shove as you always bring your money in good, if you don't run into a set or AT,KT.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      If you are commited anyways you want to push. If everyone folds you get a lot of money. If you get called by one limper you should have at least a coin flip with a lot of dead money.

One thing you surely don't want to see is a family pot with AK, since even when you hit, you will continuation bet and all most never get payed from worse hands since you are OOP and be called just by better ones.

Also 22-99 will mostly have to fold to your all in and those are favourites against you.

By going all in preflop I expect to be collecting the money 60-70%, and the other cases i expect to be against a flip/a monster/a dominated hand.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      I push preflop with 3 limpers and a 35$ stack. makes life so much easier
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      Im confused in these situations also....

One guy had A7 of diamonds and was on a flush draw, another guy limped JJ.
      So they both called. Against 2 callers i think its worth to go all in and hope you can hit. Here pushing 19$ i could have won 109$. So i need about 15% equity to be breakeven in such situations.
      In this current situation i had like 13% equity...
      Even thought betting 19 to win 109 is prolly worth it with AK, but i really hate situations where you only have about 20% chance to win with 2 cards to come....
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I also just ship it preflop.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Three limpers, a reduced stack and a hand that is not dominated. I push all my chips in the middle preflop with a big grin on my face.

As played, I think you have zero fold equity on the flop and even with the great pot odds you should just check/fold.
      I agree with RahXephon1

@Gonzo, as long as you do this with 66 (bottom of your range) and AA (top of your range) , I think this is the optimal play.
      Doesn't make sense to only shove PPs preflop and raise AK/AQ OOP or vice-versa

Moreover your FE profit is directly 3.5bb which is better than any low-edge-high-variance spots where a profit of 1bb is significantly lower

Best regards,
      Gerv