This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 99 Nl400

• PanDuzePE
      PanDuzePE
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $4(BB) Full Tilt
      SB ($377)
      BB ($449)
      UTG ($74)
      UTG+1 ($63)
      UTG+2 ($289)
      MP1 ($391)
      Hero ($96)
      CO ($176)
      BTN ($87)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $4, fold, Hero raises to $18, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $14, UTG+2 calls $14

FLOP ($56) 6:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($56) 6:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond: 2:club:

BB checks, UTG+2 bets $35, Hero folds, BB folds

UTG+2 wins $53.20

hard decision. first I think about CBET flop, maybe that would be nice decision.

on turn he bets, i really don`t know that he will check on flop if he had some Q on hand ? For example KQ QJ AQ ? maybe he just have pocket and try to steal pot ?

utg
      26/9 cc 24% af 3/3/3 wtsd 24%

bb
      31/8 107 hands 31 % cc
  • 6 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I bet flop here around $35. I would probably fold to a push then.

As played don't you think you could call the turn bet? The only thing I don't like here is that BB is still behind us to act.

His play is not making a lot of sense with a Queen. The only hands I'm scared of are some 67s or things like that.

Maybe I'm wrong and I obviously haven't played a single hand of NL400 in my life but folding nines so easily on this flop and against those opponents seems like wrong.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      check raise value of utg?

you can cbet 30$ here and fold to a check/raise imo.
      check/fold is a little bit weak on Qxx but not a big fault i think.

But against these loose opponents at this dry flop, I prefer a half-pot cbet
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      seems like a though decision if you ask me.

as you played it shoving the turn would be overplaying your hand and calling comitts you i think.
      if you just call a decent opponent could even put you on 88-JJ dead on.(although he probably can't.)

so i think the best way is to cbet the flop. You can easily fold to a raise and if called check behind the turn and re-evaluate the river.
      If you then face a bet on the river you can still try to figure out if he's bluffing often enough or not.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonzo394
      If you then face a bet on the river you can still try to figure out if he's bluffing often enough or not.
      Easier said than done. How do you propose on doing that? I personally try to use agression frequency over all 3 streets to try and gain some insight on whether we can c/c river or not. I feel that sometimes I give up too easily on river though because villain stats don't indicate that they are particularly agressive :/
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Board that dry will probably induce bluff c/R with PPs, question is if your 99 is better than their PPs

I'd skip flop and go for a delayed cBet because of this. If both people check twice it gives you enough info.

now utg2 l/c, checks flop (ldo) and bets 3.5/5.6 , I think you are mostly ahead here so I'd shove Turn.

I'm tapping Ysessa now
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I really think utg2 can bet nearly any pair on the turn and his l/c range hasn't hit that hard on this board so I like calling the turn and re-evaluate the river. I also like a cbet on the flop like 30$ just to safe your equity against 3-4 over cards, maybe once in a lifetime someone will fold pocket tens. Very often pockets will call the flop and then check down turn and river so you can show the best hand.