UTG ($74)
      UTG+1 ($63)
      UTG+2 ($289)
      MP1 ($391)
      Hero ($96)
      CO ($176)
      BTN ($87)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: 9:spade:

fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $4, fold, Hero raises to $18, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $14, UTG+2 calls $14

FLOP ($56) 6:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($56) 6:heart: 6:club: Q:diamond: 2:club:

BB checks, UTG+2 bets $35, Hero folds, BB folds

UTG+2 wins $53.20

hard decision. first I think about CBET flop, maybe that would be nice decision.

on turn he bets, i really don`t know that he will check on flop if he had some Q on hand ? For example KQ QJ AQ ? maybe he just have pocket and try to steal pot ?

utg
      26/9 cc 24% af 3/3/3 wtsd 24%

bb
      31/8 107 hands 31 % cc
  • 6 replies
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I bet flop here around $35. I would probably fold to a push then.

As played don't you think you could call the turn bet? The only thing I don't like here is that BB is still behind us to act.

His play is not making a lot of sense with a Queen. The only hands I'm scared of are some 67s or things like that.

Maybe I'm wrong and I obviously haven't played a single hand of NL400 in my life but folding nines so easily on this flop and against those opponents seems like wrong.
    • wuusaa
      wuusaa
      Bronze
      check raise value of utg?

you can cbet 30$ here and fold to a check/raise imo.
      check/fold is a little bit weak on Qxx but not a big fault i think.

But against these loose opponents at this dry flop, I prefer a half-pot cbet
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      seems like a though decision if you ask me.

as you played it shoving the turn would be overplaying your hand and calling comitts you i think.
      if you just call a decent opponent could even put you on 88-JJ dead on.(although he probably can't.)

so i think the best way is to cbet the flop. You can easily fold to a raise and if called check behind the turn and re-evaluate the river.
      If you then face a bet on the river you can still try to figure out if he's bluffing often enough or not.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gonzo394
      If you then face a bet on the river you can still try to figure out if he's bluffing often enough or not.
      Easier said than done. How do you propose on doing that? I personally try to use agression frequency over all 3 streets to try and gain some insight on whether we can c/c river or not. I feel that sometimes I give up too easily on river though because villain stats don't indicate that they are particularly agressive :/
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Board that dry will probably induce bluff c/R with PPs, question is if your 99 is better than their PPs

I'd skip flop and go for a delayed cBet because of this. If both people check twice it gives you enough info.

now utg2 l/c, checks flop (ldo) and bets 3.5/5.6 , I think you are mostly ahead here so I'd shove Turn.

I'm tapping Ysessa now
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      I really think utg2 can bet nearly any pair on the turn and his l/c range hasn't hit that hard on this board so I like calling the turn and re-evaluate the river. I also like a cbet on the flop like 30$ just to safe your equity against 3-4 over cards, maybe once in a lifetime someone will fold pocket tens. Very often pockets will call the flop and then check down turn and river so you can show the best hand.