SSS doesnt work well...

• ariesii
      ariesii
      Bronze
      Hi

Played 10c blinds and multitabled like 12 tables at a time. I have the SSS pdf opened up. Followed exactly as it says. Folded whenever i should, raised whenever im meant to and all in whenever im told. Long run its like im losing money. Because if i raise and others reraise i have to fold. etcetc.
      Maybe this is because of all the fishes in these micro stakes. But with $50 how are we to play higher stakes unless we keep winning. Which is difficult cause of the fishes/donks calling or reraising or pushing you all in you, if i keep to the strategy i have to fold most the times i raised $0.40 + $0.10 for each caller.

Yes there are times where i would win from following the strategy but the thing is im always reraised or something i have to fold and hence lose $0.40+. Also i keep getting blinded every round because i play so little hands because of the SSS. I can rarely play any hands because theres always a reraiser stealing blinds and stuff. And if someone raise you fold etcetc. Also most the time i wont even be dealt any of the SSS starting hands in the right position thus end up folding.

Ok now people will start saying cause im failure at poker etcetc. Also dont blame the multitabling that im losing money. That isnt the point, the point is im following the strategy exactly as it states.

Maybe i can just blame the fishes at this stake level of $0.10 big blinds.

Hope to learn more
      Cheers
  • 7 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hello ariesii,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and the Forums,

SSS is a strategy that is meant to work in the long run and not over a couple of thousand hands. There might be mistakes in your game however. I noticed that you said you play 12 tables. If you are new to the strategy then this could be a mistake. You may be used to multitabling but at first maybe keep it to 6 etc.

You can use the Short Stack Strategy sample hand forum to post hands that you are unsure about : http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436

You can also attend SSS coachings. There is a Silver one on Saturdays with IngolPoker at 18:30 CET and a Bronze coaching with Gerv at 19:00 CET on Sundays. More info can be found here ---> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • ariesii
      ariesii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hello ariesii,

Welcome to PokerStrategy and the Forums,

SSS is a strategy that is meant to work in the long run and not over a couple of thousand hands. There might be mistakes in your game however. I noticed that you said you play 12 tables. If you are new to the strategy then this could be a mistake. You may be used to multitabling but at first maybe keep it to 6 etc.

You can use the Short Stack Strategy sample hand forum to post hands that you are unsure about : http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1436

You can also attend SSS coachings. There is a Silver one on Saturdays with IngolPoker at 18:30 CET and a Bronze coaching with Gerv at 19:00 CET on Sundays. More info can be found here ---> http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/

Best Regards,

-Jack
      Hi

According to the SSS it states that it allows no variations because of the mathematical nature of this strategy. So my question is why post my hands if they are played according to the strategy and the strategy doesnt allow me to alter it.

Also a couple thousand hands is still a lot if your playing ring games. And if im not profiting after thousands of hands then it must show something.

Thanks for suggesting the coachings i might try one out some time.
    • Smileyphil
      Smileyphil
      Bronze
      "fishes/donks calling or reraising or pushing you all in"

This is exactly what you want. Okay so occasionally you have to fold AJ or one of the weaker hands but it is much easier to play against the fishy donks than against a table of very tight players.

If you are concerned about folding too often to reraises you can use the stack:bet ratios to call a bit looser but this is more advanced and the strategy does work without it.

I find one of my main leaks is stacking off too lightly on cbets postflop (I play at NL50 successfully). I suggest you see if this applies to you because you can save substantial cash if you can learn to fold after a cbet is raised.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi ariesii & welcome to the community.

You asked about posting hands in the sample hands forums. Jack mentioned these because they are good way to "understand" the play better in any given situation.

Although your right, the sss strategy is a strict strategy where you pretty much follow a "script", by posting sample hands, experienced fellow members and PokerStrategy Judges are able to guide you through why you are doing a certain action and what to look for from fellow players.
      They can also help to identify and fix any potential leaks in your game, which is possible when multitabling (less time between hands to assess the situation etc).

I too would highly recommend Gerv's or Ingolpoker's sss coaching sessions, which are totally free for members to attend. Both are highly experienced sss players and will happily respond to any questions you may have whilst explaining their own moves at the tables.

Wishing you every success and enjoyment with your poker.

Best regards,

Bart
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Silver
      Also a couple thousand hands is still a lot if your playing ring games. And if im not profiting after thousands of hands then it must show something.

Thanks for suggesting the coachings i might try one out some time.
      A coupler thousand hands is NOT alot...I play 2.5k hands per day 15days of the month. In a 2k sarmple there is just so much varriance involved its not a true reflection of you're skills. For this the minimum sarmple you should have should be 20k hands proferabley 40k/50k.

Keep with it and the good times will come.

I would also suggest playing less than 12 tables as your still learning the game...
    • ecmarx11
      ecmarx11
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm also a little bit frustrated about the pokerstrategy basic SSS strategy. I'm also playing mostly exactly like SSS chart says (Ofcorse I won't go AI with top pair, small pot and 4flush on table) and I'm getting not that good results. Ofcorse my hand count is very small (~1k), but I've already lost 12$ in NL10.
      I'm playing in FTP.

With this rate, I'm broke in a matter of days (pokerstrategy starting cap).

Accually, I'm not sure why I posted this. Maybe I just need some confirmation that it will go over and graph turns around in 20k hands when I keep playing SSS strat.

I'll soon have to switch to lower limit table due to my bankroll and if my logic is correct then playing SSS there isn't that worthwhile either.

Also my bankroll doesn't allow me to start playing BSS in any limit table. So what the hell should I do? Maybe you smart ones are willing to tell me what they think.
    • Cpwpoker
      Cpwpoker
      Silver
      SSS is a super mega swingy strategy so a small sample size wont say whether it is a suitable strategy or not for you.

1st of all : read all the articles about NL available to you.
      2nd : Go to video and NL then watch all the video available to you you will feel as if you are playing yourself xD

Then after gathering all these data increase your BRM. Instead of playing 30 BI play with 35-50 BI until you get to a good SSS level and manage the swing.

If none of those works - i'm sorry :s_cry: dunno what else to say.

But SSS means Short stack strategy but also super swingy strategy so try to cope with the variance and later on with you slow making profit build a bankroll to play BSS.