[NL2-NL10] NL50 AQs v 3bet with smaller stack

• Tim64
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, 3 folds, BB raises to $10.00 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $13.25

I habitually fold AQ vs sss 3bets without specific reads but wondering if I should have called here due to odds and reduced stack?
      I think I need ~33% equity to call $5.25 for pot of $11 so we are struggling against standard 3bet range of JJ+AK+...
      Any other opinions?
  • 3 replies
    • RahXephon1
      You don't have enough equity against normal reraise range

You still need to pay rake if you win

You don't have enough hands to accurately judge opponent 3bet stats

With calling you increase variance greatly.

It feels bad to fold AQs here, but it is the right thing probably.
    • DaPhunk
      Is villain a thinking shortstack? If so, what is your percieved range against this opponent? This will greatly change your answer.

If he thinks you are Isolating a typical SS range (and you are) his 3bet range will likely be JJ+ AK and you can find a fold.

However, If you know he is thinking and your image indicates you Isolate loose and like to steal a lot on MP3 as well as CO and BU then you might be able to find a call as you only need what 36% Equity?

Personally If I was BB I would likely 3bet JJ+ AK versus you but then again, I know you steal quite tight and I wouldn't suspect you of Isolating any looser than the standard SHC. Therefore I fold in your position and with your image.
    • Gerv
      Just fold and wait for a better spot (+ rebuy ;) )

You miss 1.5% EQ and you are mostly way behind than flipping or way ahead

Best regards,