SSS Postflop, balancing lines?

• elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Ok, right now, it seems like everytime i contibet with AK/AQ/AJ/99/88/77 i will only get called by better hands, and can't extract any value from worst hands.

And i don't hit often enough (running cold), so i end up losing a lot of sessions.

What kind of adjustments should i be looking at?
  • 8 replies
    • mafaz
      mafaz
      Bronze
      You should contibet less. COntibetting every time is bad imho. You have to choose spots where its worth to contibet and play check fold where its not worth it...
      Try reading article about c-beting.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i only contibet vs 1 villain or when i hit with more players.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Flop texture is alsi important. On a flop with high cards you can make lower PP fold. On a 257 flop you are not going to get credit for anything. On a drawy flop without a hand it's not great to contibet, since you will never know if yu are against the nuts or against a draw. My advice is to post some hands in the hand evaluation forums and you will get feedback which will help you to improve.
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      Once in a while when u flop a monster like a set you can sometimes check the flop then shove if bet into or make a delayed Cbet i know this helped me balance my play a little like if I do not want to Cbet it doesn't always mean I don't have a hand. BUT this is recommended to be played against observant regulars to balance a little. ( I used this on NL100 because standard play just doesn't always work)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Assume that you raised and got called by 1 villain preflop.

Lets say you have K-K

1.Board is: A-J-7 rainbow, you get checked to

2.Board is: A-J-7 rainbow, you are first to act

3.Board is: 3-7-9 mono, you are first to act

4.Board is: Q-Q-T two to a flush (not your suits), you get checked to

Now if you have A-Q suited

1. Board is: K-T-7 rainbow, you get checked to

2. Board is: K-T-7 rainbow, you are first to act

3. Board is: [B]2-6-T[/b] rainbow, you are first to act

4. Board is: [B]K-T-T[/b] two to a flush (not your suit), you get checked to

Just some hypothetical situations, will post some hands up after i go through them.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      What i would do in each instance is:
      K-K
      1. Bet 1/2 pot, check turn if called
      2. Bet 2/3 pot, fold to raise, check turn if called
      3. Bet 2/3 pot, bet turn if called and no 4th flush card, probably will call reraise as well
      4. Bet 2/3 pot, try to get all in ASAP.

A-Q
      1. Bet 1/2 pot.
      2. Bet 2/3 pot.
      3. Bet 1/2 pot.
      4. Bet 2/3 pot.

I will probably check all my turns with AQ if i miss.
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      Looks good, just 1 question: 1. + 2. Why do you bet 1/2 pot IP and 2/3 OOP? Same board texture usually means same bet sizing for me.
      I also sometimes check the KK IP (1.) to show weakness and then call a bet or bet myself for value on turn.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i bet smaller in position because i figure that since the opponent has shown some weakness, i don't need to protect as much, so i make it smaller.

Not sure if this is optimal.