[NL2-NL10] NL100 Aj

• RahXephon1
      This is not for evaluation so much, just wanted to share on of the first hands i played in my first NL100 session.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, J.
      2 folds, CO calls $1.00, BU calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.50, BB folds, CO calls $5.00, BU calls $5.00.

Flop: ($19) 9, 6, 6 (5 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($19) J (5 players)
      Hero bets $18.05(All-In), CO calls $18.05, BU calls $18.05.

River: ($73.15) J (5 players)
      CO checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $73.15.
      Results follow:

BU shows two pairs, jacks and sixs(T Q).
      Hero shows a full-house, jacks full of sixs(A J).
      CO shows two pairs, jacks and sixs(T Q).

Hero wins with a full-house, jacks full of sixs(A J).

Queen high for the win???
  • 3 replies
    • Meiffert
      Well, CO's draw is not strong enough to call this, that's for sure, but BU has a very strong draw with open ended straight draw, Q high flush draw and overcard and he is getting 3:1 odd so he only needs to win in 25 % and assuming most of his outs are clean (that is, you don't have a full house already), his call is probably good.

But, don't be afraid. NL100 is just another low limit game just as NL50. Sure, the regulars are a bit tougher, but really nothing unbeatable. Really good players don't play NL100, at least not for very long, they move up.
      Most of the players there will still call you with suited connectors or low pockets and try to set mine (altough having no implieds) and they will call your bets with draws when they don't have the pot odds and (nearly) no implied odds.
      That's just why the strategy is still profitable. :f_cool:
      What I wanted to say - this hand doesn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't expect most people to fold an openender just because they don't have the odds to call. They are just not good enough. ^^
    • DaPhunk
      Originally posted by RahXephon1
      Queen high for the win???
      They both have draws :p

Anyway, Well done on reaching NL100! Have fun and nh!
    • Gerv
      CO can count crazy outs but with Q:hT as holding, I call your shove as well :P

nice pot
      - Gerv