post BB?

• shaywh
      shaywh
      Bronze
      say I enter FR game and post BB in CO . I get ot see 6 hands for 1BB instead of 9 for 1.5BB, same price.
      AND, now I get to defend my blind IP and since ppl try to win the extra blind (which is a good target, I admit) they overplay marginal hands and sometimes (especially in 6max) regs will even raise any two from MP (or EP in 6max). so overall it's supposed to be ev+ to post BB from CO, or that I missed something?

p.s
      while I started to write this, some dude who sat in my left posted BB in mp1. I potted with JJ, and he r/r me with kings. cost me few bucks to see this. but he ended his session calling and bet-calling turn all his stack through all the streets to quad aces with Q5 on 9-A-Q-A-A board so I'm satisfied...

after that I finally flopped quads. got a lot of them so far but never flopped them in pl/nl game w/o being all in preflop. it has nothing to do with this thread but hey, I flopped quads!
  • 2 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Theoretically it costs nothing to post BB from the CO in 9-handed, in 10-handed its even slightly cheaper. However you miss the chance to steal from SB, and you miss playing a hand from BU.
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Bronze
      Plus your opionally investing money blind which is -EV as there are more trash hands than playable hands.

The blinds are there to get the betting started, there not optional thus everyone has to invest the same amount blind (from the cards).