$20.00
      UTG2:
      $95.85
      MP1:
      $15.50
      MP2:
      $48.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 7.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $1.00, 3 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero raises to $4.00, MP2 calls $4.00, SB folds.

Flop: ($11) J, Q, T (3 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, MP2 calls $6.00.

Turn: ($23) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($23) 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $23.
      Results follow:

Villain is 58/15 after 30 hands.
  • 5 replies
    • Meiffert
      Meiffert
      Bronze
      This small raise is not too good in my opinion. You have low fold equity and you will often face overcards on the flop.
      You should either just check and play for set value or raise standard 4 + 1 per limper, which makes it 6 bb.
    • Gonzo394
      Gonzo394
      Bronze
      Preflop I raise to 5$, but 4$ should also be fine.

I want to gain initiative (that's good because I can represent something if an overcard flops) and often enough I win 3bb preflop which is good enough since the 2 opponents are giving up a lot of their equity that they have against my hand by folding.

It says "(3 players)" on the flop, must be a converter error?

Still (against 1 opponent) I found out by playing around with the equilator, that it's better to c/f such flops (3 broadways) with an underpair than to make a decent cbet (if the opponent isn't particularly tight preflop or weak postflop):
      His range includes too much broadways and he will not fold any of those.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I agree my preflop raisesize should be bigger, probably just because I'm not used to new betsizes yet.

On the flop I also agree with the continuation bet since not many hands will fold.

Yes 3 players on the flop is an error.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Would be interesting to hear what the coaches would say to this. What you guys are saying about check/folding does make sense, against many opponents.

Against opponents who know our SSS range, the flop is perfect for us to represent AJ,AQ,AK.

And preflop, yea 5BB, i don't count the SB complete as a limp.

The bet on the flop seems a bit small too for such a connected board. Maybe a bigger bet? $7.5 would have been my bet, about 2/3 pot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      Against opponents who know our SSS range, the flop is perfect for us to represent AJ,AQ,AK.
      Well I assume a limp/caller is not very good thus he doesn't know SS well and especially not our range

Therefore I completely dislike the board as limp/call include a lot of broadways or atleast 1 face card.

Therefore I am inclined to just c/f Flop esp. against a 58/15 guy who peels a lot imo.

- Gerv