What does BB (Big Bet) means?

• 5 replies
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Hey FWKanobi,

The PokerStrategy glossary says;

The big bet is the larger of two bet sizes in a game with a fixed bet size. In a $1/$2 Hold'em game, the big bet size is two dollars. The big bet is used in the later betting rounds. In Hold'em, for instance, players make small bets in the first two rounds and big bets thereafter.

Hope this helps. Taken from: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Big-Bet

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kingdippy2008
      Hey FWKanobi,

The PokerStrategy glossary says;

The big bet is the larger of two bet sizes in a game with a fixed bet size. In a $1/$2 Hold'em game, the big bet size is two dollars. The big bet is used in the later betting rounds. In Hold'em, for instance, players make small bets in the first two rounds and big bets thereafter.

Hope this helps. Taken from: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Big-Bet

Best Regards,

-Jack
      Hey Kingdippy2008,

FWKanobi is talking about pot-limit Omaha. The entry you refer to is about fixed limit.

Best Regards,
      Craig.

seriously, @ OP: "BB" was, for some reason, used by pokertracker in NL and PL as well (that's why it's called "ptbb" sometimes), although it doesn't make much sense in those games. It's just 2 big blinds

1BB = 1ptbb = 2bb

That said, I'm not quite sure why it would be 101.5BB, should be ~92. So my guess is, either it's 101.5BB/100 (hands), or your tracker messed up (using elephant, perhaps?)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Dam swiss got me there :s_cry:

But isnt omaha 8, omaha hi/lo? Which can be a FL game. I dunno, im not into many of these "crazy" games xD

But in general Big Bet means 2bb ;) And yes your numbers really dont add up. Like swissmoumount says could be BB/100.

Best Regards,

-Jack
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      the "PL" part of "PLO" means "pot limit" ;)
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      the "PL" part of "PLO" means "pot limit" ;)
      yeah yeah i know, i was just saying. Have to try and justify what i said. jk :P

Nah but sorry, completely misread the question. :)

-Jack