The best type of game.

• Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      I read in a book about online poker recently which stated that you will make the most money by playing sit and go tournaments. But i kind of doubt this since i personally like the cash games better.

What do you guys think is better.

1. cash games
      2. sit and go tournaments.
      3. multi table tournaments.

And what do you think about freerolls? are they worth the time? or are maybe they a good way to get started without risking any money?
  • 9 replies
    • txfoyochipz
      txfoyochipz
      Bronze
      It all depends on your style of play.

I prefer SNG's and MTT's because my pre-flop game is pretty good. I sometimes have trouble laying down a good hand which can become pretty expensive in cash-games. IMO there is less risk in playing sng's, as u can only loose ur buy-in.

I think cash-games are definetely the most lucrative though. Just look at all the pro's like Phil Ivey, Durrr, Ziiigmund. These guys have made millions by playing cash-games. The post-flop game is far more important in cash-games. If u are good at outplaying ur opponent, try cash-games.

MTT's can also be quite lucrative, however a single tournament often lasts at least 4 hours, which can be frustrating if you finish close to the bubble.

I think the least skill is required for SNG's, then MTT's and cash-games require the most skill. Simply put: If you like to play ur cards play sng's, if you like to play your opponents, play cash games.

GL

Oh yeah .....FREEROLLS SUCK (if the prize-pool is less than 1K, don't bother)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      cash ( if you want to have life and enjoy playing)
      sng (if you want to have life and build up roll fast)
      mtts (if you hate life)
      freerolls (if you hate life and like boys)
    • Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      why do you guys have so much against freerolls and MTT´s. Is it not a good way to get starting capital without risking a penny. And how do you connect that with hating life and being homosexual.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      mtts (if you hate life)
      hahahhahahaa

HU (if u hate urself)
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      mtts (if you hate life)
      nice
    • sabo999
      sabo999
      Bronze
      ^^ +1 :L

I am mainly a 6man SNG/ 9man SNG player,

I love the buzz of playing cash although it can rip your heart out infront of you and laugh about it at the same time :( but its still worth the odd dabble when my gambling head gets a hold of me

Sabo :club:
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      I think SnGs BRB. You can learn to play and make a profit.
      I wouldn't suggest playing cash or MTTs, until you get a good feel for the game and for opponents and have a proper BR.
      There's nothing wrong with freerolls, I have built 5 BR now from nothing using them. This time I started from 69c in May and am currently changing to cash and SnGs with a BR of $124.
      I've cashed out about $5000 in nearly 3 years of playing freerolls. They're fun, free and not hard to cash in. Some can be very lucrative, like the 120 seat that pays $50 for 10th up to 4th; $500 (3rd); $700(2nd); $1000(1st).
      Is that better than the popular 180 seat SnG on FT or not? The drawback is it's only once a week.
      There are others that pay top 20%. Easier of course and still only about 200 seats.
      I love the freerolls, they paid for my nice shiny PC and lots of other things about the house. :s_love:
    • Frirkh
      Frirkh
      Bronze
      that sounds very nice. do you mind telling me where you find the best freerolls :)
    • jonnyjm
      jonnyjm
      Gold
      Personally cash-games is where the moneys at. Been playing them for 2years, i did have a 6month period where i played S&Gs instead...but i crawled back to Cash-games :D

I feel cash games are the best place to make your money and if a MTT happens to catch your eye then play it.