Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $20.00
      BU:
      $128.94

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:club:
      4 folds, BU raises to $3.00, SB folds, Hero raises to $9.00, BU calls $6.00.

Flop: ($18.50) A:spade: , 5:diamond: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11.00 (All-In), BU calls $11.00.

Turn: ($40.50) 6:diamond:
      River: ($40.50) 6:spade: (1 players)

Final Pot: $40.50

No doubt you'll tell me I should have pushed preflop? As played, any reason not to push the flop?
      Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      i always get into this kind of situations as well, standard play says we push i guess.

going all-in preflop or raising to 3BB is pretty marginal, but since we're OOP, it would be wasier to push preflop.

i find that many opponents especially at BU (myself included) like to steal with an ace. Could this be a spot to check to the ace?
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      You gotta push any flop here since you are OOP. Sometimes I like to raise PF rather than push with QQ+ in order to get bad calls from fish, but you are always committed to whatever flop and you gotta push OOP.

But if you know the opponent will easily call your AI PF, then definitely just push Preflop.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I think each line preflop has it's own merits and flaws. On the flop you are commited anyway, so the advantage of the preflop push is that your line is more balanced. If you reraise this way just with monsters, you could get readed by attentive players which could exploit it.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you shove 77/88 here because it is damn easier to play those preflop than postflop. Shove for balancing aka not being exploitable sake QQ+ as well

I shove as a resteal all day long, the only pros you have with 3betting to $9 is bluffrestealing with 72o

As played, go and represent the Ace and shove. If you check/fold Villain will laugh and makes a bet where you check/fold mostly

- Gerv