Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $14.50
      MP2:
      $119.85

0.5/1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K:heart: , K:club:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $3.50, 5 folds.

Flop: ($8.50) A:club: , 7:diamond: , 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.00, MP2 calls $5.00.

Turn: ($18.50) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $7.00, Hero raises to $6.00 (All-In).

River: ($31.50) 3:diamond: (1 players)

Final Pot: $31.50

Guess I should fold to the river bet; somehow felt I was comitted...
      Thanks,
      Tim
  • 10 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      there was no river bet?
      i think you mean turn bet, but yea i'd fold at the turn most of the time.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      guess I should try to understand the difference btw a Turn and River bet :D
    • Tampaloeres81
      Tampaloeres81
      Bronze
      If you figured it out, could you let me know the outcome? :f_cool:
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      I'd push directly on flop OOP since your stack is so small.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      Dandy why do you think the push could be the right decision?

I get that our stack size is small and i would push with any ace, any draw itd. But with our kings we are either way ahead or way behind probably. Isn't there a better way to play it than just collect the pot when he doesn't have it and loose the whole stack when he does.
      My first question is Are we committed on the flop already ? then Are we commited after the Cbet (given our stacksize probably yes). Could a "weak" line be possible here like checking the flop. worse hands will probably bet, all smaller pairs for example. Also I don't see flush draws folding here to our overbet, maybe just the weaker ones, but most of the flushdraws in what i estimate could be his callin range have an ace in it anyways.

So my line of thinking is if I'm mostly commited on the flop, then I'm better to play this hand passively to extract some more value from worse hands, since against the stronger ones I'm loosing my stack anyway.

Of course that would also produce the problem of a bad turn card (as in this scenario). But maybe then this could be a solid spot for a b/f as we should be called/raised just by better hands (flush and Ax) and someone that didn't hit the flop would just have to fold.

I hope this makes some sense.
    • RahXephon1
      RahXephon1
      Bronze
      I also have one hand when I stacked myself the same way with KK, I will post it later when i get home. it is a little different but also kinda interesting and probably idiotically played be me :)
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      There is not really any room for bet/fold turn, because by then your stack is minimum.

Originally posted by RahXephon1

So my line of thinking is if I'm mostly commited on the flop, then I'm better to play this hand passively to extract some more value from worse hands, since against the stronger ones I'm loosing my stack anyway.
      I don't really think we can often extract more value by checking this flop because as it's such an obvious spot for you to cbet, villain might suspect your check and just check behind with their draws, then you'll end up isolating yourself against an A or a completed Flush.
      Also, if he checks behind with a draw, he'll be less willing to pay you on the Turn if his draw doesn't hit, since he'll only have 1 more card to come. Thus on the flop you can get him to pay you more often with worse hands.

For a push on this flop, if you have about 40% FE and only 20% EQ you are already break even, and you can definitely count with about 50% FE and 25-30% EQ imo.
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Dandycal,

Please can you move to England and sit next to me everytime I play poker?
      I suspect I would lose less money that way... :D
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Would you cBet here with AK/AQ or also shove on the Flop?

If this answer is either shove or cBet, do the same for KK/QQ/JJ

it sucks big time you ain't reloading but it means then you have to openraise and push any flop regardless which Flop. Pure and simple. This however increases your variance!

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • dandycal
      dandycal
      Bronze
      @ Tim: hahaha, no man, I've been losing a lot lately, we'd both got broke!