[NL20-NL50] Ak

• naderh1
      Known players:

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $6.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.75) Q:club: , 2:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.06, Hero raises to $21.97, CO calls $14.91.

Turn: ($56.69) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $27.34, CO calls $24.79 (All-In).

River: ($108.82) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $108.82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Ad)
      CO shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)

CO wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)

I bet for protection + value, does check on turn make sense?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg

No, as played shoving on the turn is better, whatever worse hands he called with on the flop he's not gonna fold for a half pot turn shove, but he might check behind with them. If you don't feel good shoving that turn then maybe consider not check/raising the flop for value with TPTK against that tightish guy.

I probably would just check/call him down since i don't expect him to 3bet preflop with much that we beat on that board really. AK/QQ+ has us either splitting or dead, and AQ/TT-JJ won't put more money in after the c-bet ever. So unless that guy has abnormal 3bet% for his 12/10 stats, i wouldn't c/r TPTK "for value" there without history.

Hope it helps.
    • naderh1
      thanks, good advice
    • maya1984
      Anther thing to mention - calling his 3bet with AK , OOP with 100BB effective stacks is bad. either 4bet or dump it.
      You only hit your TP 1 out of 3 times so:

-when you miss, most of the times you gonna have to c/f that flop against this guy.

-when you hit he isn't going to pay you more then one cbet with QQ (when a K or and A hit the board) or with KK (when and Ace hit the board)