This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Ak

• naderh1
      naderh1
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $72.81
      CO:
      $52.76

0.25/0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:club: , A:diamond:
      Hero raises to $2.00, CO raises to $6.00, 3 folds, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.75) Q:club: , 2:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.06, Hero raises to $21.97, CO calls $14.91.

Turn: ($56.69) 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $27.34, CO calls $24.79 (All-In).

River: ($108.82) J:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $108.82

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Ad)
      CO shows three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)

CO wins with three of a kind, queens (Qh Qs)

I bet for protection + value, does check on turn make sense?
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

No, as played shoving on the turn is better, whatever worse hands he called with on the flop he's not gonna fold for a half pot turn shove, but he might check behind with them. If you don't feel good shoving that turn then maybe consider not check/raising the flop for value with TPTK against that tightish guy.

I probably would just check/call him down since i don't expect him to 3bet preflop with much that we beat on that board really. AK/QQ+ has us either splitting or dead, and AQ/TT-JJ won't put more money in after the c-bet ever. So unless that guy has abnormal 3bet% for his 12/10 stats, i wouldn't c/r TPTK "for value" there without history.

Hope it helps.
    • naderh1
      naderh1
      Bronze
      thanks, good advice
    • maya1984
      maya1984
      Bronze
      Anther thing to mention - calling his 3bet with AK , OOP with 100BB effective stacks is bad. either 4bet or dump it.
      You only hit your TP 1 out of 3 times so:

-when you miss, most of the times you gonna have to c/f that flop against this guy.

-when you hit he isn't going to pay you more then one cbet with QQ (when a K or and A hit the board) or with KK (when and Ace hit the board)