What do you think about "World Champions" ?

• AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Hi .. Yesterday I watched the new episode of WSOP 2009 Main Event, and I got pretty annoyed by all the "World champion" talk .. Especially when Raymer folds TP no kicker on the river in a multiway pot after playing the hand terribly and he says he is a genius ..

What do you think about recent world champions like Moneymaker, Raymer, Hachem, Gold, Yang or Eastgate ?
  • 2 replies
    • raek123
      raek123
      Bronze
      raymer is a modest person and does not run around parading or calling himself a genius, I can hardly image him doing that. he is a real gentleman at the table. also, he made like six final tables at the wsop so he sure knows what he is doing.

yang is horrible, gold was but people say he has gotten better, don't know about that.

hachem is imo solid, eastgate yound an agro, just like most good players nowadays are. but I don't think that he is one of the best.´althoug I liked his performance at the pppl.
    • AugustusCaesar
      AugustusCaesar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by raek123
      raymer is a modest person and does not run around parading or calling himself a genius, I can hardly image him doing that. he is a real gentleman at the table. also, he made like six final tables at the wsop so he sure knows what he is doing.

yang is horrible, gold was but people say he has gotten better, don't know about that.

hachem is imo solid, eastgate yound an agro, just like most good players nowadays are. but I don't think that he is one of the best.´althoug I liked his performance at the pppl.
      - Raymer is a nice person but I do not like his play (obv. just from the hands seen on the WSOP broadcast) .. He did call himself a genius but I am not entirely sure if he was serious
      - I kind of like Hachem, but it is just sympaties, do not know much about his playing skills, but he made a nice run in 2006 (year after winning in 05) and got busted with AA preflop
      - Moneymaker, Gold and Yang are the poorest of them all imo, seen Gold playing on HSP he wasjust terrible, and Yang was sooo lucky to win the Main Event, Gold had an unbelievable run in the Main Event, probably the sickest ever
      - Eastgate is a good player I think, maybe the best of the past world champs