This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

question on bss

• bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      ok so im currently playing bss on nl2 and on the next level 100 bb would be $4 but max BI is $5, so is it fine to play with $4 or shall i wait for the br to just play with max buy-in? ty for any help
  • 5 replies
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      That is really up to you. If you were a constant winner at the previous level, I would buy-in for $5. If you're a winning player being a little bit deeper is a good thing.

But you can always start out with $4 and win a bit first of course.
    • bluffalot123
      bluffalot123
      Bronze
      ty i understand what ur saying but with my brm id have to earn another $20 more before i could buy in for $5 and $20 on nl2 is 1000bb so like another 10k hands at 10bb/HH
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I would buy in for $4 until Im comfortable at this level(not scared) and then buy in for $5.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      yes then I'd go for the $4 too :) . You'll also be more familiar with nl4 when you've won the $20.
      (so what TheBrood said)
    • michaelqian
      michaelqian
      Bronze
      I may move fro NL2 to NL5 soon.

I think this is a helpful tip.... Don't think in terms of money, think in terms of units, in blinds and BIs.

Assuming you have 50BI for NL2, losing $2 is one BI, same as losing $5 at NL5, you are still only losing 1 unit out of 50, as you will often be able to win individual units of $5.

Definitely don't play scared money, when you raise, reraise and bet, think again in terms of multiples of blinds, just scaled directly in proportion compared to the next limit down.